What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: The Odd Couple: The Fourth Season (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian

And thus is the crux of the situation. There should be some kind of standarization when charging for music rights. Charging $10,000 bucks for someone to use the entire song and charging the same amount for the use of one or two lines (or even up to 30 seconds) of the same song is just greed.

In a perfect world, this whole thing wouldnt' be an issue at all.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
Yeah, if they are charging through the nose for using a couple lines from a song, I can't say I much blame Paramount if they decide to just cut it instead.

As long as they made a fair effort to clear music at fair prices I don't hold the deletions against them.

But I wish they don't pull that "Might" stuff. "Some episodes might be edited from their original versions." They ought to state on the back(or at least on the inside wrapper) that there were so and so deletions made on this episode because the rights to a song used in it could not be fairly secured. It would have the effect of leveling with the purchaser and letting them know an effort was made.

I am miffed by the knowledge that these deletions were made but unlike many in this thread, I am not familiar with the episodes before DVD. I did watch Odd Couple in syndication but was not familiar with the episodes like a died in the wool fan would be.

So, hearing about these lost moments makes me want to see them.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I used to watch The Odd Couple alot while it originally aired (starting in 1972) but I was young (about 6 or 7) so I don't remember each episode frame by frame. As for watchign it in syndication, I only caught the show a few times so again I don't know the show backards and forwards. It was always a show that I remembered very fondly and I'm glad that I have it on DVD.

So, hearing about the cuts while it bothers me, I'm not all that upset about it. However, in the season 4 set, a few of the cuts are quite noticeable and a bit jarring. I think those few moments could have been handled a bit better.

All in all I'm enjoying watching this series quite a bit. I can't wait to get the final season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks