What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" w/scrnshts (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I wonder how many different versions of this movie they are planning on releasing to DVD. I read an interview (I think it was the director) that said he wanted 4 different versions of this movie (including an extended version) just like all the editions that T2 has. I wonder if they'll ever have an Ultimate Edition or maybe even an Extreme edition. I'll wait until the 3rd release for me to actually buy it.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
I don't think my Panny AE300 has VSE, even when my sharpness is right the bottom of its scale the lines are still there.
EE != Sharpness!

You'll have to find out how to disable SVM on your TV. Reducing the sharpness, on most TVs does nothing for SVM.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
The reviews sound impressive, tempting though, but I'd definitely wait till the 'Special Edition' or whatever comes out with both DD & DTS tracks.

Mark my words...it's inevitable!

So far I've never had to double dip.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I thin I will wait for the second release
Yup, live and learn...after buying 3 versions of T2, as good as it is, I can wait for the special-ultimate-extreme-whatever version of T3, but it's got to have dts. I also noticed T3 is going for more $$ than new releases usually do around here, another incentive to buy a pretty good version once.

Do you think the next T3 version will have a metal case? :)

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
For anyone thinking that they'll get DTS in an R1 release of T3, "you're living in a dream world Neo." Since we all know how Warner Bros. doesn't touch DTS with a 20 foot speaker wire with their DVD releases. In the end, Columbia-Tristar releases are our only hopes for a dual DTS and Dolby track. :D

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Since we all know how Warner Bros. doesn't touch DTS with a 20 foot speaker wire with their DVD releases.
Well, they changed from always using snappers, so IMO there's hope they're seeing some light...and skip the DD, surely everybody who cares enough to purchase a "special" edition can decode dts now.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Count me in as another member of the "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me thrice and YOU MUST BE ARTISAN!" club.

I'll hold off until the final extra super duper version.

At least I got wind of this early though, rather than find out after I've already shelled out $17 for the first DVD.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I'm picking this up,the price probably be low anyhow,and the Ultimate edition really wasn't all that for T2,so I skipped it.I'll wait and see what they will come up with,and if it's any better then this, I'll buy it,and dump this on Ebay.

david*mt

Second Unit
I know Warner hardly ever uses DTS, but is Paramount ever going to use it again? I know they did on the Jack Ryan set but that was a while ago. I would love to have Braveheart in DTS.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
know Warner hardly ever uses DTS, but is Paramount ever going to use it again? I know they did on the Jack Ryan set but that was a while ago. I would love to have Braveheart in DTS.
well paramount only did dts on ryan for the rest of the world because dreamworks did the dts for the us release. i doubt that paramount will re-release braveheart as a dts dvd until hd-dvd comes out ;)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Ultimate edition really wasn't all that for T2
Many would disagree, and would rather have it instead of the Extreme edition...but why take chances on such a good movie, they are not mutually exlusive in content, especially re all the cuts. I think everyone does agree though that the *first* edition of T2 can be completely skipped. Now, T3 is no T2, but it's very OK and worth at least one proper SE release.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I also read the interview with Mostow stating that there would be multiple releases of this. Even having read that, the picture and sound quality on this one seem to be good enought that I'll just be happy with it. I find myself having less and less time to run through extras these days anyway. I still haven't made it through all the extras on the T2 Ultimate Edition, and I bought it when it first came out.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

No, not 'Saving Private Ryan,' he's talking about the US releases of the Jack Ryan movies earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks