What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD Review: Robinson Crusoe on Mars (1 Viewer)

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
Not a B-Movie in the sense of fake-looking props, two-dimensional sets and mediocre acting. It's immersive and thought-provoking, besides being very entertaining. I'm surprised more scifi fans apparently aren't familiar with the title. It's in my top ten list for the genre. I consider it on a par with the better known Enemy Mine, with which it shares several elements.

I own the LD set, but haven't seen the DVD release. Can anyone identify the extras that are missing? They sound very similar from the review description.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Jack with all due respect, the re-use of the Martian War Machines from the 1950s War of the Worlds, in RCOM makes it a B movie in my book. I love this film, but the use of those ships, and the bad white paint job, plus the same 3 shots replayed over and over, pulls me right out of the movie. Kinda like when i see Robbie the Robot show up in a movie or TV show.
It is much better than a 50s B movie, its very well written, but can you imagine what it would have been like with an A budget?

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Yeah, and you might note those spacesuits the alien taskmasters are wearing in the mining (?) scene. It looks like they raided George Pal's production warehouse. Remember Destination Moon? Love it anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks