What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD Review: Night of the Living Dead - 40th Anniversary Edition (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Don,

Thank you for your insights. Now at least I know which two versions to get. ;) Much appreciated. :emoji_thumbsup:

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member

Anybody with a basic grasp of the English language can read what you've written here, what I have, and what Don has, and it will be clear that Don basically backs up everything I've said, and refutes you regarding the framing and who supervised what transfer.

Vincent

WadeM

Supporting Actor
This is my preferred version. I think it's great.

Thanks for nipping speculation in the bud, Mr. May. It's always great hearing from someone "in the know".

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Guys I look to pick this up this weekend. What in your guys opinion is the definite verisons of the orginal Dawn and Day on DVD?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit

For Dawn its the Ultimate Edition hands down. Its a 4 disc set with three cuts of the movie (theatrical, extended and the Argento cut) and an extra disc that's packed. Its worth every penny.

Day is a different matter. As far as I know there's 3 different versions. An old disc put out by Anchor Bay with no extras, a two disc set and a version that just has disc one of the two discer. The two disc version has a ton of great extras and the transfer is great but some of the swearing has been replaced with alternate lines. The old disc has the correct audio. As far as I know this has never been corrected but, I personally don't find this too be too big of problem. I wouldn't have known about there was problem if I hadn't read about here. I think the two disc is the version get but others may not agree with me.

mike kaminski

Second Unit
Real Name
mike kaminski
Yeah, the older disk doesn't have a very good transfer (is it even anamorphic?). Honestly I never noticed the audio differences, I don't find it a big deal at all, and the sound and picture are upgraded to such extent that it balances out, not to mention the terrific extras.

Mark_TB

Second Unit
I was originally going to wait for the eventual BD release of NOTLD, but when I heard about the Kmart 2-pack (with the new DIARY) that Bill GrandPre mentioned in another thread, I just couldn't resist. And I'm glad I didn't -- this new disc looks and sounds terrific. Of course, I'll be holding on to the old Millenium edition for the extras that weren't carried over.

Mark

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
The Anchor Bay "DiviMax" version of DAY OF THE DEAD is really good, albeit with the handful of altered lines of dialogue and lacking the original mono soundtrack as a viewing option. Apparently they rectified the issue on the Blu-ray version, as it contains the original mono soundtrack as well as the remixes.

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks