What's new

HTF Contest: Win a copy of How I Won the War on DVD (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
[FONT= 'Century Gothic']MGM just released How I Won the War (DVD) on 3/20. We are giving away several copies. All you have to do to enter is just post in this thread.[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Century Gothic'](1) Grand Prize =[/FONT][FONT= 'Century Gothic'] A copy of the film on DVD + Commemorative Book + Poster
(4) Runners Up = A copy of the film on DVD[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Century Gothic']Winners will be chosen at random on Monday March 28th, must be over 18 and be able to have the prize shipped to an address in the US or Canada. To enter, just post in this thread.[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']John Lennon[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] [/FONT]Stars in His Theatrical Debut

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] [/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']How I Won the War [/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'][/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']World War II Dark Comedy Now Offered from[/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman'] [/FONT]MGM’s Limited Edition Collection on

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Sunday, March 20th [/FONT]

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']A Limited Edition Commemorative Booklet with Special Introductory Letter from Yoko Ono Is Available With Purchase For A Limited Time[/FONT]

Los Angeles, CA (March 2, 2011) – John Lennon stars in his only non-Beatles theatrical performance in HOW I WON THE WAR available March 20th through MGM’s Limited Edition Collection. This DVD release debuts on the anniversary of John and Yoko Ono’s highly publicized “Bed-In” protesting the Vietnam War, and John and Yoko’s actual wedding. Under the supervision of director Richard Lester the DVD has been fully remastered.

Originally released in 1967, the film stars Michael Crawford as inept British WWII commander Lieutenant Earnest Boodbody, with Musketeer Gripweed (John Lennon), Musketeer Juniper (Jack MacGowran), Musketeer Clapper (Roy Kinnear) and Sergeant Transom (Lee Montague) under his command. The film features a hilariously surreal collage of battle footage and one-liners lampooning the absurdity of war.

“We are excited to bring How I Won the War to DVD for the fans of John Lennon. We were fortunate enough to have Yoko Ono write an introductory letter for the book giving insight to John’s experience on the film,” said Matt Lasorsa, SVP MGM DVD Marketing. “The special introductory letter, combined with photos of John from the film, makes this commemorative Booklet a must have for John Lennon fans.”

For a limited time only the special edition commemorative Booklet will be included with each purchase featuring behind the scenes stills from the film. The Booklet will be printed using HP MagCloud, a new self-publishing web service invented by HP Labs.

"HP MagCloud is changing the way ideas, stories and images find their way into peoples' hands and we are excited to see MGM/Fox use this print on demand format to provide John Lennon fans an exclusive glimpse into the filmmaking process," said Andrew Bolwell, director, New Business Initiatives, HP. "Thanks to MagCloud, fans can enjoy high-quality images from the film in a tangible print format."

HOW I WON THE WAR Special Edition will be available on DVD starting March 20 at many of your favorite internet retailers.

How I Won The War - Film Clip - "Artists"

How I Won The War - Film Clip - "Goodbody's Pep Talk"

How I Won The War - Film Clip - "Green Green Green"

How I Won The War - Film Clip - "Gunfire"

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
I've never seen "How I won the War" but I watched these clips and it looks very entertaining...I appreciate darkly humourous satire of this kind, ala "Dr. Strangelove" and "The Americanization of Emily"...I wish that we eventually see Columbia UK's "The Best of Enemies" (1961) on dvd, a hilarious and satirical David Niven film...I'd love to win this dvd but will gladly pay for it anyway...too bad we didn't see more of John Lennon in feature films.

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Henry
I always thought it was in black & white. From the clips above, it's in colour. So I reckon I haven't seen it.

howardWB

Grip
I didn't realize this was being released. Being a Beatles collector, this one's a must have.

Regards,
Howard

aka "Beatle Bob"
:)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Please count me in for the contest. I've never seen the movie, but want to. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greylocke5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard G.
I'm afraid I don't remember this film at all. But then I was just a teenager in 1967. It should be a fascinating antiwar comment, especially since it was released in the middle of the Vietnam era.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd like to win this, make friends with the one who does or maybe meet Yoko who probably already has a copy of this and we can watch it together. Well....the former prospect would be better.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Haven't seen this one since I was at school. I remember a school mate enacting Lennon's last scene and us all having a good laugh!

BubbaCoop

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Have heard about this forever, but never had a chance to see it...kind of like Steve McQueen's Enemy of the People.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks