What's new

HTF CD Review: John Mellencamp - Life Death Love and Freedom (1 Viewer)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Has anyone successfully gotten the 24/96 tracks on their iPod? I may (must?) be doing something wrong but, even after changing my Import Settings to WAV Encoder (instead of my usual choice of Apple Lossless Encoder) and reducing the sample rate from 96 to 48, when I attempt to synch to the iPod I get an error message stating that the tracks can not play on my iPod (60G Classic).

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Paul,

You need a DVDA ripper to get the 24/96 wav files off. But you really cannot put 24/96 files on the iPod since it does not do hirez. You can import the 16/44 files however.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Thx, Lee. In my excitement, I assumed/wanted to believe I could rip the high rez tracks. Now I understand that, when T-Bone and JM say in the liner notes that "the DVD contains CODE files that can be copied into most computer music software, including iTunes, and downloaded onto personal music players, such as the iPod," they're referring to the MP3 and AAC files, not the WAVs.

(If they can only be ported off the DVD with a "DVDA ripper," I question putting "Save WAV Files" right next to "Save MP3" and "Save AAC" in the splash screen that appears upon putting the DVD in a computer drive though. I also think its mildly misleading, in a paragrapgh that begins "CODE is a new system that creates high-definition audio," to later say in that para "the DVD contains CODE files that can be copied into most computer music software, including iTunes" when that only refers to the uber lossy AAC and MP3 tracks. There's no CODE involved with those two latter formats.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks