What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-ray Review: Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Originally Posted by Holer

What I don't remember is any scene where they bandaged his hand in the movie. Maybe I just missed it in the hyperkinetic goings on - It just seemed like they were at the Smithsonian and then they were in Egypt and his hand was bandaged...
He injured his hand when they all landed in the desert after the old decepticon zapped them
into the desert.

Originally Posted by dbailey100

Yeah, I figured that the scene at the museum was the one at Dulles. I used to live in that area but moved out several years before the Udvar-Hazy was built. I'm sure it's a cool place to be.
One scene that was funny to me was the Paris outside cafe.
That was actually the outside of Phila city hall's courtyard.
Another was when Sam was being interigated in the old factory.
That was also Phila and immediately after escaping from that factory they end up in a forest somewhere.
The nearest forest to that location has to be over 20 miles.

Also When sam's parents are eating in the paris cafe, which happens to be Philly city hall you can see Billy Penn because that building that comes straight down is City Hall and Billy Penn is on top of that and hits the ground first when it comes down.

I'm really liking the movie, it's a whole load of fun.

The opening Paramount logo with the stars flying around may be one of the best Logos at the beginning of a film I have ever heard.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

I'm really liking the movie, it's a whole load of fun.

The opening Paramount logo with the stars flying around may be one of the best Logos at the beginning of a film I have ever heard.
I had real concerns that I was going to think this movie would be awful. I'm an hour in (to where Sam is being interrogated at the factory) and am having a blast. And I found the first film a little confusing, frankly--especially at the end. Circumstances have me watching this film in half-hour increments. I usually hate doing that. But that's what I'm dealing with right now.

And I was thinking the exact same thing about the opening Paramount logo. Cool beans.

Am I the only one that thinks the presentation is very grainy? Most all of the backgrounds when it is live film look grainy, the full CGI shot do not have the grainy look. Do I have something set up incorrectly? Input is appreciated.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just on a side note, there is a fantastic air museum at Bradley Airport, outside of Hartford. I lived there for over 20 years and never looked into it, but I went recently while visiting family and was blown away.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was trying to find info at Amazon and Best Buy's site about a gift set that includes both the Blu Rays of Transformers 1 and 2. I can't tell, but it looks like the gift set does not have the 2 disc sets of both movies for a total of 4 discs? The price of the set at Amazon is really good, so it leads me to believe the set is just the movies, no extras.

Can anyone confirm?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ah, Mike, thanks!

I didn't see the specs section, I was looking for a product description that might say it has the extras. It does say it's the Special Edition. I guess if it's 4 discs, then it must include the extras of the individual 2 disc sets. Appreciate the help!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"I am directly below enemy scrotum!"

I seem to be one of the few people here who actually enjoyed this movie. Blu comes out here in a couple of weeks, I will be buying.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
Q. Is it a continuity error when Isabel Lucas' character comes out fo the smoke in a dress again after transforming earlier in the dorm room?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Shane Evers

Am I the only one that thinks the presentation is very grainy? Most all of the backgrounds when it is live film look grainy, the full CGI shot do not have the grainy look. Do I have something set up incorrectly? Input is appreciated.
Michael Bay likes his movies grainy, so it's probably the source and not your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks