What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-ray Review: THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN (1 Viewer)

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Fearnet isn't available here in Canada so I haven't the version they showed but at one point in the movie (during the train fight) I said out loud to myself "This movie's a ****ing blood bath!" and if you take a look at my collection you'll see I'm no stranger to gore movies. The amount of blood in gore in this is impressive.

I thought the ending came a bit out of left field too. I've looked at the story and the demons are explained a bit better in it (wikipedia had a good summary of the story). I thought the meat was going to the meat packing plant and they were mixing it in with the beef to make people cannibals. Would that have been a better ending? I'm not sure. I don't think the twist ruined the movie but it didn't make it any better either. I didn't like that Leon's girlfriends heart kept beating after it had been cut out. It felt a bit too Temple of Doom to me but that's a minor quibble.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

How big of a cult will be the question though. Either way, I doubt it's going to help LionsGate much now that they've pretty much given the film away. To go along with your story, a budget theater in Louisville tried to book the film but was turned down. They were told only a certain number of prints were struck and that the film wasn't touring the country but instead playing a projecting number of showings and that was it.

Re: ending

Spoilers naturally but it didn't make much sense but then again I didn't think too much in the film did. Being a horror film you have to overlook certain issues but this thing had so many plot holes that it wasn't funny. I kept asking myself where the hell all the police were. How the hell someone could butcher someone so badly that an entire train is soaked in blood yet the killer doesn't have a drop on them. As I've said, I think the film was very bad so perhaps the book explained various things a lot better but to me it was another HAUTE TENSION type of thing that was too smart for its own good.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Your answer is non-responsive. And "I don't know" (which is basically what he says on the disc) is not a "version".

I'm beginning to understand your reason for being in this thread, and I'm not going to waste any more time on your issues. I said what I have to say in the review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks