What's new

HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: The Fifth Element - April Fools (1 Viewer)

AlexBC

Second Unit
I think it's a fantastic idea David :emoji_thumbsup:

I'd really like to see as many BD reviews from you as you can put out, not only limited to Disney studios I hope :wink:

No offense to the other great reviewers we have on board, but I'd really appreciate your opinion, and the more we can get, the better. :D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
I think it's a good idea, just to see how the movies perform on different equiptment (projectors, receivers, etc)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Exactly.

I know that I'm interested just as well. What's a Blu-ray look like on a CRT RP television? 1080I compared to 540P? What's the LPCM 24/96 sound like on someone's recevier with 5-channel input? HDMI input?

:emoji_thumbsup:

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
Well I have the Sony KD-34XBR960, simply the finest consumer CRT ever produced...

Plus the Onkyo TX-SR803, which accepts multichannel PCM thru its HDMI input....

hint hint ;)

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
And *why* are you not an HTF reviewer I might ask?

:)

Yes...PeterTHX...rest assured that you would be more than welcome...encouraged...to post any of your own review-impressions of AV into any review thread of my own.

Why not?

I think that HD is a time to pull out all the stops. My idea of a "review thread" at HTF for a Blu-ray title would be one where the studio-reviewer posts his impressions as usual, then any other HTF reviewers (who might have access to a screener before release) post their review in the same thread...then HTF members would be encouraged to pose THEIR reviews as well once they get a hold of the disc. What a *great* review thread that would be...covering a wide range of systems and perceptions. As long as everyone does a good job describing their set up and viewing habits, I think it could be of real value...

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member

Um, not enough typos in my posts? :D

Well, I would love to, but the studios seem to pass me over for screeners. :b

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i cant wait to see 5th element in HD.

oh and dave, i'm coming for you.

:D

RodneyT

Stunt Coordinator
Good one. Got me good. Now I really can't wait for a look at HD discs..... its made me realise how much I want to get my hands on one.....

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Well, I didn't get fooled by this since I've caught it so late and "April Fools" is now in the title. But, as well as you wrote your fake review, David, I probably would have fallen for it. Nice job!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks