What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-Ray Review: Semi-Pro: Let's Get Sweaty Edition (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
ronsreviews_covers_1881116.jpg">

Edward Mann

Agent
Thanks for the review. I finally rented this on Blu-Ray and watched it last night. The picture and sound were great but what I was most surprised by is that I liked the story. I'm probably in the minority, but I didn't like Anchorman or Talladega Nights very much and didn't find them very funny.

For me, in recent years Saturday Night Live has been the king of taking a funny 1-2 minute skit and running it for 5-10 minutes, making it unfunny in the process. In my opinion, Will Ferrell has done this in most of his movies also. I think the editing is tighter in Semi-Pro and as a result I enjoyed it. It always felt like the story was moving along and not overly long SNL sketches patched together.

I looked up a website that talks about the old ABA league and was surprised to learn that this is where Bob Costas got his start. I was also surprised that there is apparently a new ABA league that started a few years ago.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Jari - It sure does not, only the sDVD version does. Thanks for the catch. As for the Web-enabled features, could not access to find. Not sure what te deal is!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks