What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Rambo 1-3 Boxset (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
rambo.jpg">

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the great review!

Funny, you'd think as the trilogy progressed, the sound would only get better, but that doesn't appear to be the case here.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I have this set pre-ordered, luckily it's region free. :emoji_thumbsup:

Looking forward to revisiting these movies in HD.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the review. Can anyone confirm if First Blood is the same as the previous BD release? Just curious.

If I didn't already have FB I'd pick this up, I guess I'll have to wait for a standalone release of Rambo II.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My BD player doesn't provide that information and it wasn't printed in any of the press materials or packaging. But looking at other reviews, it's AVC for First Blood and VC-1 for the sequels.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
What do you mean by "unadvertised audio track accompanies the trivia track"? Does this mean I can't listen to the audio commentary and have the trivia track running at the same time? Most discs allow for this and I'm hoping this can be done here.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
You can listen to the commentary and have the trivia track going at the same time - sorry if that isn't clear. However when you select the trivia feature off the menu it will automatically select the audio track with the pop up sound effects unless you select a different audio track, either through the player as you're watching the feature or through the BD menu. Just be sure you select the trivia feature first or it will override your initial audio selection. The trivia is just another subtitle track as it is usually done.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Well my obvious question is this...

RAMBO III...

What's the sitution with the Russian/English subtitles? Did they get it right AT LAST?

1. Are there (correctly) just a handful of lines translated/subtitled (as per the theatrical run and the very first DVD) or...
2. Have the translations been left out altogether (as per the second DVD) or...
3. Have they incorrectly subtitled literally EVERY LINE of Russian into English such as "Quiet Quiet", "Run Run" and other such crap as per the so-called "Ultimate Edition" DVD?

Thanks,

John

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I looked at the scene where Rambo first sneaks into the fort and all the Soviet guards have been translated. We get things like, "Relax, Rex. Relax, Rex." and "Go drag that box." So it looks like #3 from your list.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Thanks very much for checking, Cameron!

Oh bloody hell... are they EVER going to get this movie right?!?!?

Looks like the very first DVD edition is STILL the only way to get RAMBO III the way it was supposed to be!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks