What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Poltergeist (1 Viewer)

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
EnricoE said:
i remember i having nightmares as a kid after watching this film. the maggots in the steak and the living tree was too much for me then ;)
It was the clown that freaked me out and still does to a certain degree.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I've been pondering for a while now whether to pick this up. Reading the back cover at a trip to Best Buy it says New Transfer from Regenerated picture elements. What?? What exactly does this mean? Also, what a shame that Warners didn't come up with a more substantial package. This is one film that has had a famously troubled production which many people may find fascinating. One way around any possible legal issues would be if MGM/Fox someday decide to release SE's of the sequels then perhaps they could include some portion of that backstory in a making-of featurette? What a missed opportunity

Steve Freeling

Auditioning
Real Name
Ted Fraraccio
Paul Arnette said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoE i remember i having nightmares as a kid after watching this film. the maggots in the steak and the living tree was too much for me then
htf_images_smilies_smiley_wink.gif

It was the clown that freaked me out and still does to a certain degree.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
For me (I was 7), it was the tree and static channels...and the idea that a ghost could kidnap a kid around my age. But overall it didn't scare me too bad. Really glad I finally bought this in October. 5/5

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Um, not to get out of line, Steve, but weren't you older than 7? I mean, it's your house we're talking about here and that was your daughter who got pulled into the TV...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks