What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Sure am. Everything short of the "Place Order" button.

OK, this is definitely a glitch. I went back in, same thing. I clicked on "Super Saver Shipping," and the discount showed up! Then I changed the shipping address, and the discount went away again. I'm clicking back and forth now to try and get it back.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MatS

Screenwriter
26.98 is now dead
should be 36.98 if you still want both
EDIT: looks like Amazon killed the original/intended $10 off as well

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
This is upsetting news about Jiminy's response during "Give A Little Whistle" being omitted. Could it have been mistakenly added years ago, possibly from an alternate take? If not, this needs to be fixed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

This is problematic. I have listened to the song Give a Little Whistle hundreds of times while I maybe have only watched the film Pinocchio dozens of times. I have always heard Jiminy's response to Pinocchio's answer to the question.

I was going to do some investigating when I got home today...but here is a clip from YouTube (not sure of the original source) and you can plainly hear Cliff Edward's :Right!" at the :49 mark.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yep, saw that on the Bargains & Deals thread and my mileage did not vary this time.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

The official $10 discount ($37 for both sets) seems to have kicked in now.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I noticed the missing "Right!" from Jimminy in that song too... but wasn't sure what the official "original" is supposed to be like because our only real reference as of late is a 1990's laserdisc master. My Disney-classics music collections have the same "Right!" as well but they could easily have been taken from the same sound master as the laserdisc.

This is a task for a real Disney historian to figure out... was it there in the original film? Was it added later? Or what it accidentally dropped during audio restoration?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The 1985 vhs has the line as well. Here is what the souvenir book with the 1992 collector's vhs has to say about that sound restoration: "The first part of the process was to sonically bathe the existing magnetic composite masters, transferred from the original nitrate track in the 1950s. Next came the conversion of the existing monaural tracks to stereo. The original Pinocchio sond masters did not allow for separation of dialogue, effects and music, but the extensive research phase of the restoration provided a rare, separate musc-only track allowing work to proceed with a stereo mix."

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I have that booklet, too. It's too bad they couldn't add a music-only track on the BD. I guess having the soundtrack CD will do, save for the fact that the lyrics to "Little Wooden Head" are inexplicably gone on that CD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One of the great music producers at Disney Records is a regular presence on another forum. I've already posed the question there to see what kind of response we can get.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
This may end up being a situation like the Star Wars films - alternate takes or missing audio in different prints. It wouldn't even be that surprising for a film that has had as many theatrical re-releases as this one. It's no deal-breaker for me, but it will be interesting to see what the determination ends up being (if it's even ever publicly said).

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Disney fessed up when they accidentally left out some of the Aunt's off-camera dialogue from the "Lady & The Tramp" vhs. They're actually pretty open about these goofs when they occur.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I checked out the old R2, which already was restored by Lowry, supposedly, and looks a lot more film-like, by the way. It has the 'Right' from Jiminy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks