What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: No Country for Old Men (1 Viewer)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. The film is edited in Final Cut Pro (Mac-based), which I use at work in every day (editing news-stories):
Macworld | Final Cut Pro and the making of 'No Country for Old Men'

Cool! ;)

Great movie. I just love the look that Roger Deakins uses in many of his films (addition to "'No Country for Old Men", he also shot "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and "In the Valley of Elah"!). That mixture of grittiness, beauty and realism. Sometimes almost low-lit, but yet always bringing the best out from everything that´s on the screen.

Can´t wait this on Blu-ray.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Cant wait.

And I find Ladykillers to be hysterical. ;)

Like Tony, Intolerable Cruelty is the only Coen Bros film is really dont like.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Picked this up yesterday on BR after seeing it several times at home. As for the BR, it is excellent although I was a tad underwhelmed by the sound design. The PCM track conveyed all the information that is there (I heard sounds buried in the mix, phones ringing, voices on the other end of the phone, etc.), but there wasn't much in the surrounds save for the wind effects. At times, i found myself wanting more effects in the surrounds to bring the landscape on the screen into my room, but alas no such luck. Eh, regardless, the BR is a top-notch representation of a top-notch film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks