What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: National Lampoon's Vacation (1 Viewer)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I just remembered something....

The 20th anniversary edition DVD replaced "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters with another one of their songs (the one that appeared later in the movie at the truck stop) during the highway passing scene where Christie Brinkley passes Clark in her Ferrari. No idea why, must have been a copyright thing.
I doubt this was fixed or altered for the Blu-ray, but could someone check?

I hate it when they go messing with films like this.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Originally Posted by Southpaw

I just remembered something....

The 20th anniversary edition DVD replaced "I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters with another one of their songs (the one that appeared later in the movie at the truck stop) during the highway passing scene where Christie Brinkley passes Clark in her Ferrari. No idea why, must have been a copyright thing.
I doubt this was fixed or altered for the Blu-ray, but could someone check?

I hate it when they go messing with films like this.
From what I remember, that song was only used in the theatrical version. In all video versions (VHS and the previous two DVD releases) they have used a song by June Pointer.

Having only seen the film on video, I might be more upset to see it go back to the theatrical version!

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
The BD contains only the Song Little Boy Sweet, yet if you want to hear I'm so excited during the car driving scenes access the French audio track. The picnic scene was always Little Boy Sweet However.

Still wish if WB's wants to replace their opening logo's I wish they'd just put their brand new logo first then let the film open as it should. WB's seems to be losing history and nostalgia and don't seem proud of their films and their logos. That brand new crystal clear logo just doesn't open well with films like Vacation.

I am usually thrilled when the opening logos are more built into the film much like What's Up Doc? Hard to replace something like that thank goodness. Or The Omega Man. I don't know how the Dirty Harry series was released untouched on their logos, but I'm grateful.

Universal does this on their releases they play their new logo then they let the film open as it should.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
I'm noticing a bit of picture "shimmying/rippling" (not sure of the technical term), especially in the 2nd half of the film. It almost looks like the film is slightly warped. Quite a few times, the picture ripples ever so slightly, then goes back to normal. It's very quick but definitely noticeable, at least to my eyes. It was more noticeable during the father/son bonding scene over beer in the Arizona desert, and also near the end during the SWAT scene and end credits. Any one else notice this?

Update - In case anyone cares, I even saw this when I ran it in slow motion. Just sent it back to Amazon for a replacement. Hopefully it was just a bad disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks