What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Galaxy Quest (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I looked up parody just to make sure I fully understood the definition. I stand corrected, it is a parody.

I always thought that when most people refer to a parody of Star Trek, it's usually a negative one where the point is to mock particular elements of the original material in a very bad light.

In one definition, it does say that a parody is best when you cannot separate it from the original. And I think that's why so many fans call this an unofficial Star Trek film. Patrick Stewart used a better term for the film I thought, he called it a tribute.

Guy was a spot on reference to the famous Redshirts!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
+1 with respects to wishing they preserved an option to go from 1.33 to 1.85 to 2.35. But barring that oversight, a very good A/V transfer.

And while the overdubbed Sigourney Weaver line would've been cool to have, you can pretty clearly make out the real word when you see her lips move.

Very glad to have this in my BD collection.

Paul_Warren

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Just watched my US import (UK release is not until March 2010).

Still IMO a perfect movie. Its aged very well and everything is just about perfect cannot think of anything which could be improved upon. The BD is very good especially the costume detail on the Stan Winston Studios Sarris makeup that looks just amazing and like its from a 2009 movie!!!

They even interviewed all the main actors recently and edited this into the existing DVD extras (in a clumsy way but at least they made some effort!!). Hard to believe it was not a massive Men In Black size hit back in the day but the marketing & release date hurt it so it never did as well as it should have and a sequel is very unlikely.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Paul_Warren Hard to believe it was not a massive Men In Black size hit back in the day but the marketing & release date hurt it so it never did as well as it should have and a sequel is very unlikely.
I sequel would be tough to do. Much of this movie's humor was derived from shock the crew went through because fiction had become fact. I don't think that would work so well a second time. If they did a sequel maybe a key element could be the crew still doing the show when they are too old for the parts. A geezers in space angle.

BTW, was there a commentary on the DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks