What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Doubt (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Isn't it wonderful to have that kind of experience, Neil?

I feel horrible I never reported back here after my wife & I watched this film earlier this year. It is, without a doubt, one of the best films we've seen in a very long time.

The story, writing and performances were so great that it overwhelms the necessity of talking about the technical execution of this disc. An absolute grand slam and now, for me, the bellweather of all other new movies I see.

Looking back at Matt's review, I agree completely that one of the few shortcomings might have been the director's lack of interesting visuals to help frame the story.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Absolutely! When the film started, I was still doing some homework on my laptop...it wasn't 10 minutes in that I had to put my work aside and fall in to the movie...

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Isn't it wonderful to have that kind of experience, Neil?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I picked this up on the cheap during the Boxing Day sales. Fantastic performances all around, and although the special features are sparse, you get a sense of how much work the actors put into their characters.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Looking back at Matt's review, I agree completely that one of the few shortcomings might have been the director's lack of interesting visuals to help frame the story.
When Stephen bumped this thread I saw this old quote of mine.

I recently watched this disc a second time. Considering that I didn't have to pay as much attention to the plot line the second time through, it gave me more time to take in the camera shots and sets and I had a completely different reaction to them this time around. I was actually amazed that I could have been so blase about them originally. The visuals appeared quite striking when the sharp effect of the narrative was lessened for me. I was completely blown away by the story and dialogue the first time through.

Quite an interesting phenomenon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks