What's new

HTF 2004-2005 Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Not only that but Mark somehow misses the positive aspect that I have come to appreciate with 3 teams a season...you ALWAYS have a guy on your team having a good day.

Sure he just kicked your ass in another league, but at least those 4 TDs paid off for you somewhere.

Maybe I should add some more teams until I own every major starter in the league. :)

Okay I'm going to switch it to 4 slots and let the first 4 of this group join us in a free for all. It's 5 guys looking for 4/2 spots. Please post here once you join with your team name. If we end up with 11 then we will recruit someone for the 12th spot.

Dan Keefe
Robert_Gaither
Corbin Stirn
Michael Warner
Marc Bax

bluray

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

Todd Henry is also interested, but he missed the cutoff time for League II. He missed the cut last year and did not get to play then.

So anybody else beyond those already signed up in the thread that might want to play should go ahead and sign up here in hopes that there will be enough players for a third league. You can have fun with only an 8 player league, although my grandma could probably win in one of those. :D

Brad

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Joined as "Team Explosivo". I will be there for the draft and duration of the season. The username I'm under is Hunterkiller47 thanks for letting me play.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Seth:

But in the end, the team in which I have invested the meager league fee matters most and doesn't offset a good day on a "for fun" team. :)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Robert_Gaither,

I think Seth listed you as one of the few, and extremely priveledged individuals that can come play in our reindeer games, so, yes your in, provided you join in time. I think you were going to call yourselfs the Panicking Pitbulls, but I dont see that team in League I. So go to Yahoo! and join the league with the info Seth provided. (league id# 208330, pw bluray). I think there are only 2 spots left and its 1st come 1st serve. If your already in under a different name, disregard this. :b

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Robert, we are at 10 now so you need to actually sign up ASAP. I'm adding Todd to the list and will PM him. I assume he might join quickly.

I'm fine with 12 but I think 14 thins the league out too much so get in while its good or you will end up left out.

Dan Keefe
Robert_Gaither
Corbin Stirn
Todd Henry

Of course if another 6 guys show up they could always start up an HTF 3. The HTF 1 draft is still a few weeks away so we could always step back down to 10 if we get 12 and HTF 3 needed 2 more to make a full league. Of course being one of the last 2 in HTF 1 gives you the safety of being in a league for certain either way.

HTF I - current situation

Seth Paxton - in (Jedi Knights)
Jerry Almeida - in (Carnage)
BrianB - in (Claymores)
Philip T - in (J12P)
Brandon T - in (Crusaders)

Paul McGowan - in (Hellfish)
John Thomas - in (Bubba)
Stephen L - in (Rug Daniels)
Marc Bax - in (Explosivo)
Michael Warner - in (Mugwumps)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member

Yes, the HTF league comes 2nd behind my money league which is a $100 entry. Not huge but to me its not meager either. :)

BUT, if the choice is between a bad day on Sunday that costs me money and a bad day on Sunday that costs me money...but I beat the shit out of some HTF chump, I'll go with the chump beating version. :D

BTW, my 3rd league is doing 6 defensive players too this year (no team DEF). Looking at the scoring for last year and guys like Ray Lewis actually outscored Randy Moss. That's gonna be a tough draft.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
League II - Final Lineup (for reference next year when we have to get the league back together again)

Brad Porter - Happy Fun Ballers
Justin Lane - Talking Heads
John Dhein - Slackers
Tim Markley - California Quakes
Alex-C - Kroft Superstars
Ross Williams - Nihilist Niners
David Lawson - Frontal LeBeautomy
BryanZ - SCChampsBolts
Doug R - Psycho Crushers
Jon_Are - Armed Forces
Frank Grimes - TheFerociousFUPAs
Bryan X - Wahrer's Blitzkrieg

Here's what I need from you guys: At least two of you need to PM me a list of the numbers 1-12 in some random order. I have a list of the teams posted above. I'll take the first ordered list that I get and apply those numbers to the above list. I'll take the second ordered list and make those the draft position. Hopefully this prevents anyone from accusing me of rigging the draft order. We did it this way last year and I drafted 9th, which is just about the worst spot you can get.

I'll announce the draft order here and on the league website once I get two PM lists.

Brad

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Yahoo makes a random draft order just before the draft. I don't mind if you want to do it your random number way, but I don't see how anyone could say it's rigged if Yahoo is doing it...

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

I want to do it now so that everyone knows their draft position and can plan whatever strategy they want. I can't find anything on the Yahoo site that allows me to set a random order at this point in time, so last year I adopted the method of having different players give me numbered lists. So far no one has sent anything. (hint!)

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Thanks to Frank and Tim for supplying the lists. For the record, the original list of teams were the order posted in my previous message. Frank's list was 4,7,8,1,11,3,10,9,2,6,12,5 and Tim's list was 7,4,12,2,10,1,5,11,6,9,8,3.

I swear we did not collude in making up a rather nice draft order for ourselves. Here is the draft order, official and final:

1. Jon_Are - Armed Forces
2. Brad Porter - Happy Fun Ballers
3. Frank Grimes - TheFerociousFUPAs
4. Doug R - Psycho Crushers
5. Justin Lane - Talking Heads
6. BryanZ - SCChampsBolts
7. Tim Markley - California Quakes
8. Alex-C - Kroft Superstars
9. David Lawson - Frontal LeBeautomy
10. Bryan X - Wahrer's Blitzkrieg
11. John Dhein - Slackers
12. Ross Williams - Nihilist Niners

If Tim had PM'ed his list before Frank, he still would have drafted 7th, Frank would have drafted 9th, and I would have drafted 10th. So I'm glad for time zone differences.

Last year I picked 9th and still won, so any draft position can still field a good team. Start preparing your strategies, gentlemen.

Brad

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I can handle drafting 5th this year. 12th killed me last year, as all the first tier studs were off the board.

J

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
...and with my Number One pick:

Barry Sanders.

He's gonna un-retire, this is the year for sure :D

Jon

Corbin Stirn

Second Unit
Hey forgot to check this thread for a few days. I signed up and grabbed the last spot......in HTF1? Is that right? Isn't it supposed to be HTFII for me? let me know.....I may have signed up in the wrong league but not sure......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks