What's new

HT Setup? Need help with connection? (1 Viewer)

AndyLUG

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer VXS-D509S receiver to which I have a DVD player hooked up to by using the digital coax line. My receiver has the normal buttons on front like cd / tv/ DVD / etc. When I am using the DVD it shows on the display DVD/LD If I push the DVD button again it shows DVD 5.1 but when I do this I get no sound? Do I have it hooked up wrong? what does it mean when it shows DVD 5.1 and why no sound. When it just shows DVD/LD I get 5.1 sound but no sound the other way? Any help appreciated

Andy

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
andy,

my first thot is that the receiver has Assignable functions for the COAX INPUT.

After rereading yr manual fir Set-Up, you might find that by using the remote to scroll to the COAX set-up, you find a menu of two or more uses, such as DVD (only) and LD. If so, use the remote arrows and enter features to select for DD.

If I am correct, this will merely adjust the Modes Display but not alter the 5.1 signal you were getting anyway in the LD mode.

Also, double-check in the DVD player's own set-up that you select BITSTREAM for DD. While you are in there, if you have not, also select Dts Bitstream if handled by your DVDp.

bill

Mathew Shelby

Second Unit
Most receivers have two choices: coax or optical. The default for DVD/LD must be set on optical. Figure out how to change it and you should be set.

Agustin

Agent
Check behind, maybe Coax is just for dvd and Optical is for DVD/LD
i have a kenwood receiver and coax is just for input labeled DVD, an optical can be CD/DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks