1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

HT seating

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BradD, Apr 27, 2004.

1. BradD

BradD Well-Known Member

I'm in need of some HT seating. The 3 seat recliner sectionals fit my need. My dilemma is whether to go with a straight(98" wide) or curved sectional(112" wide). I have a 110" diagonal (viewing surface is 96" wide) 16:9 screen with a viewing distance of 13-14'. Would I be better off (for the outer seat viewing) with a straight sectional or curved with this type of setup?

2. BradD

BradD Well-Known Member

ttt

3. BradD

BradD Well-Known Member

up

4. David Preston

David Preston Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I like the look of the curved seating. This will also take it to the top.

5. Gary V

Gary V Member

I am going to have a similar setup. However, I don't have raised seating for the second row. I am going with a curved sectional in the first row, and either recliners or a straight couch for the second row.

Please post pics when you finish!

Thanks

6. John Prator

John Prator Well-Known Member

Brad,
    I went with the straight set-up from Lane. I am very happy with the quality and price of the Lane HT seats. My front row is straight, four seats and 140" wide. I think either way you should be fine.

7. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Well-Known Member

I got 3 in a curved row. Wife said it made watching more "cozy" as u can very well bug each other about more popcorn or whatnot without actually getting off ur seat.