What's new

HT Intros/playback (1 Viewer)

Keith M.

Second Unit
Does anyone here use a custom ht intro dvd?

How did you automate the process? Do you have 2 dvd players? Are you using a macro in your remote?

Just curious...

Im about to buy a cheapie cyberhome dvd player to be a dedicated intro player, and was interested if anyone else had better ideas...

BTW, my main dvd player is a Sony9000es, so I cant use a 2nd sony player because the ir commands would conflict. And the player needs to output component, to avoid unneeded video switching on the projector...

Keith M.

Second Unit
working w/ computers all day, I really have no desire to introduce them into my HT hobby. I am not a convergence believer.

Anyways, I ended up ordering the cyberhome 300/s for CHEAP!! And a set of the pyramid ir repeaters from smarthome... The cyberhome will be installed in the equipment room on top of the equipment rack, out of sight. And using the pyramids, I will control the playback of the intros using start/stop movie macros on my pronto.

I will let everyone know the outcome as soon as I receive my new toys and finish setup...:D :D

Keith M.

Second Unit
BTW:

Which HT intro would you recommend?

a)CinemaWise
b)CustomHT.com

c)other

Im leaning towards the CinemaWise...

Thanks in advance...

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Now, what I'd love to do would be to run a short (and a _different_ short) before each feature...

I've already got a second DVD player hooked up to VCR2 on my Denon - it's just a hassle switching. Is there a way to copy both the short and the DVD to a hard drive, and then edit 'em together and play 'em from there?

JawhnM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jawhn MacCaine

That's exactly what I did? I use 2 different DVD players (Toshiba & JVC). Pyramid IR repeaters send commands to my equipment in another room. My Pronto is programed with a macro to start my intro on DVD1, a delay to the end of the intro, change input to DVD2 (which is cued up to the begining of the movie), start play, stop DVD1.

The delay was the toughest part to get right.

The only problem I have is with my On Screen Display from my receiver (Yamaha), which I need because my equipment is in another room. The OSD can only be turned on/off through the menu (so it's a pain to change and I ). Therefore each command shows up on the screen.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

I have a superb intro DVD from CustomHTcom. Don has done some great work on mine using a professional inpersonator (Arnold Schwarzeneggar)to announce our theater. I use the XBOX for the intro and switch to my Progressive Scan DVD player for the movie which I have cued up prior to the guests entering the theater. Everything is controlled via macros on a ProntoPRO. A seamless transition

My link below will show you a screen shot of my intro dvd.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Love your mylar lightbox Darren.
I don't remember seeing that the last time I went to your website.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Glenise,

I just updated my site earlier this week, we had gotten a new digital camera for christmas so I wanted some better pics to display. Thanks.

Keith,

A cheepie DVD is a great way to go...BUT be sure it is compatible with the DVD format that your disc will be using, such as DVD-R, etc. Most players today are fine... but some of the very cheap ones may want to spit the DVD back out at you.

Sean_avnut

Grip
I have a cinemawise intro. I have a dvd changer and always keep the intro DVD in the first slot. When its done i just change the disc. It's worked great!

Keith M.

Second Unit
How are the graphics on the cinemawise intros? I was about to pull the trigger on the cinemawise dvd intro, but was not too impressed with the graphics on the website demos compared to the others available (CustomHT). But they do have the best prices...

I really like the CustomHT intros, but dont like the fact that they dont allow for a set of random intros like Cinemawise. I would tire rather quickly of the same damn intro every time...

Right now, Im simply using the theaterintros demo disc as my intro. It has 4 different generic intros and was only $20. Seems fine, says "Welcome to our theater..." But would really like the full-blown intros offered elsewhere...

The other problem im having is coming up with a good name for my theater. I dont want to fork out the money on a custom disc until I have decided on a good name.

So far, the following names are candidates:

1) Lost Lakes Cinema - (The street we live on is Lost Lakes Drive)

2) CK Cinema - (My wifes name is Carol)

I prefer choice 1, especially if we ever sell the house, It would be more appealing to the potential home owner.

Ideas/Suggestions welcomed...

BTW, Where/How can I post the pics of my theater?

Keith M.

Second Unit
BTW, The Cyberhome300, pronto macros, and ir repeaters worked out great. The only problem is the Cyberhome dvd players dont allow for dual output. You either get progressive component or s-video. The s-video actually turns to black & white output when the unit is set to progressive component output.

The reason this is an issue is that all my video sources are outputting both to a monitor built into the wall for cueing etc.. and the front projector at same time.

Not a big deal... The wow-factor of the intro are well worth it...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks