What's new

HT finished...pics (1 Viewer)

theflavor

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
I am loving this room, I have been dreaming about my HT room for years and these photos pretty much sum up what I have had in my head. Excellent job!!

For those of you who want the dimensions in feet...
6.3 meters = 20.6692913 feet
3.7 meters = 12.1391076 feet
2.4 meters = 7.87401575 feet

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
A great looking room indeed. I love the colors and the overall "look" to the room. We should all be so lucky. :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker

htCanada

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Paul,

Fantastic looking home Theater .. very similiar to mine, although I'm only 75% complete.

As for the Paint ... Has ANYONE gone down the path of tracking down these colors in North America with one of the major paint companies?

With the gazillion shades available, I cannot match these at all without a paint chip, which of course I do not have.

Any and all help would be great. I LOVE the colors.

David

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
David,

If you send me your postal address I can send you the sample paint card, that may help you matching colours.

Paul

Jugga_

Auditioning
Real Name
Jared
Hey Paul, that looks like a fantastic room, very sharp setup.

Can i ask what brand of chairs they are and also where you go them from, im just looking into seating now and that style is definatly what we are after.

Cheers

Chen-Shi

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Paul,
Great job! I'm building a HT room 12'w and 21' L, its setup almost identical to yours. I'm in final stage of completion, just need to choose hardwares. Did you have a installer? My installer had quoted me $60,000 to have a real "movie theatre" A/V system. Did yours cost that much?
Beautiful Work.

Chris

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Very nice, but, why such a small screen? I have a Z3 and sit about 12' from a 110" er and will probably go up to a 120" in the near future.

Also, with the Z4 ceiling mounted, are you consistent about shutting the "trap door" mine is shelf mounted next to my system and out of almost 400 hours of usage I have forgotten twice, but, if it were on the ceiling I bet I would forget a lot more. Too bad its not powered so it closes when the unit powers off. and opens with you want to power on.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator

The 'trap door' on the Z4 is automatic, it opens when you power up and automatically shuts when you power down. Also I am happy with the 100" screen, the front row of seating is about 4.5m from the screen and I didn't want to go too big on the screen in case I got SDE. I could of maybe got away with 110" but any bigger than that, no way.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator

Chris, thanks for the comment. The room probably cost me around $AUD25,000 all up including AV components, I was pretty lucky in that I sourced alot of my AV components second hand so I saved alot of money there.

Paul

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, they are from Super Amart in QLD, I noticed that they have them on special at the moment as well. $1999 for the 4 seaters & $1599 for the 3 seaters.

Cheers, Paul

MikeGee

Second Unit
Thats an awesome setup you have there? Just curious about how you have your components? Do you have your dvd player/receiver on a rack in another room? hidden?
With my brothers room (in the process of designing) i am thinking a very similar setup but hiding the components underneath the acoustic panels.

Paul James

Stunt Coordinator
I have a custom made inbuilt AV rack in the back wall of the room. It's just a flush mounted 4 rack cabinet which I installed into a wall cavity. I have a 1 metre wide equipment/storage room which is behind the cinema room. Hope that makes sense :)

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I'm jealous,first your room and now I wish my trap door opened and closed with the power button!

Gotcha with the sde. I have a gray screen and I almost have to have my nose to the screen before notice any. Actually, up to about 5' from the screen you can see it but from where I sit,not an issue at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks