What's new

Hsu STF2 vs HSU VTF2 Any difference on low extension. (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
When I went to my local CompUSA, they had the STF-2 there, and despite all the bashing that's going on in here, I managed to get it to sound pretty decent. Very deep and clean, if not earth-shattering in its levels. One possibility for the rattling is that the shelving the subs are sitting on is prone to vibrations. This is an issue with nearly every store I've been to where down-firing units like the Bose Acoustimass bass module and the Klipsch KSW-series subs are set up on shelves. I think that HSU should send a letter to CompUSA telling them to get their act together, or pull their products out and stick to soliciting higher-end dealers like Ovation and other people. It would be worth it to them to avoid the bad reputation their products are getting when people cannot hear the products properly.

Jamie Peters

Agent
The STF2 that I just took delivery of sounds great in my room. BTW, I got it last week and it was $399 + Free Delivery from HSU to TN. As far as looks go, it is not going to win any beauty contest, but 99% of the sub-$1000, non-wood subs are. I mean just how good can you make a black box look.....

Anyway, I too think that you need to listen to speakers, any speakers, in a similar environment that you know are set up and calibrated correctly before making a decision on how they perform.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks