What's new

Hsu STF-2 not working (1 Viewer)

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my Hsu STF-2 last night. It worked great. This morning I tried to use it and nothing. Checked the fuse and it was blown. Changed out the fuse three times and it blew them all out. Any idea what the problem would be.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How do you have it hooked up?

If you got it local, take it back and have them exchange it.

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
I have it hooked up through the subwoofer out from my receiver (HK 325). Unfortunatley, I bought it direct from HSU so I will have to send it back to CA to get it fixed and I have already waited a month to get it in the first place.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
They have had lots of QC issues with that sub, see the thread here .

Seems like Hsu is passing long some of their pain to the customer (like the response to "fix it yourself").

Good luck, I decided to return mine.

jon_ad

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to stick it out. They are sending me a new STF-2 and paying for all of the shipping. Hopefully it will work out.

Sasha_G

Agent
From HSU Research:

The manufacturer of our subwoofer makes subwoofers for numerous famous large subwoofer companies. The procedure they followed in manufacturing the STF-2 is identical to the procedure they used in manufacturing all the other subwoofers. The only difference is the other subwoofers are not capable of producing such high SPL in the low bass, and thus air leaks are not as obvious. We have instructed them to follow special testing procedures for our subwoofers. All future productions will not have this issue. Only about 1% of owners have reported this issue to us or on internet forums.

If you have an air leak issue, there are a few options available:

1. Fix it yourself. This is something very simple and easy to do, and it results in the least down time. You can get it to work properly almost right away. This in no way voids the warranty. See below for instructions.

2. If you purchased it from CompUSA, you can bring it back for an even swap with another unit. If they are out of stock, you can use it until they have it back in stock and then you can bring it in to swap. Have the CompUSA sales person write a note agreeing to let you take it in to exchange at a later time if they do not have stock.

3. We can mail you a replacement driver. The down side to this is the time it takes to ship a driver, and that we won't have replacement drivers for a month because we are waiting for them from China. Please call and ask for tech support at 1-714-666-9260.

Repair instructions:

1. Fix it yourself. From the units we’ve examined, firmly pressing around the outer perimeter of the woofer will seal the leak.

If pressing makes the air leak go away, apply silicon sealant around the outer edge of the woofer, as shown in Picture 2. White wood glue was used only to make the glue easier to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks