What's new

How's traffic around upper Manhattan? (1 Viewer)

Steve Owen

Second Unit
I'm thinking I might end up driving down to NYC tonight (from MA) to get my sister and fiancee' so they can speed the weekend outside of the city.
Anyone know how the traffic is in and out of NYC? They're on the upper east side and my usual route involves taking the Triboro bridge.
I'm just wondering if things are going to be incredibly snarled around there with people doing similar things.
Any one know?
Thanks,
Steve

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Traffic on the Upper East Side appears to be close to normal (though I don't claim to have covered the entire area).
Traffic in and out of Manhattan has become even more unpredictable than usual. If you're close enough to pick up local AM radio, there are frequent reports on the bridge and tunnel traffic at WINS 1010. Otherwise, you can check their website:
http://1010wins.com/traffic/
M.

Steven K

Supporting Actor
My fiancee and I had been planning to head to the city this weekend as well (although we'll be staying outside the city with her relatives). Still debating about going, though I want to check on traffic.
How is traffic on the Cross Bronx Xway? How about the George Washington? I'm trying to decide whether or not it would be wiser to take the Tappan Zee bridge and travel the extra 20 miles or so around everything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks