What's new

How'd I do? :) (Polk Monitor series) (1 Viewer)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor

+About $9 in Bing! cashback. I have a sweet JM Lab Sub that I'll be using with it...

The deals are all on now at Newegg in case anyone else wants to jump on them...

A "pro" series line for 40% MSRP .. not bad!! :) :) :)

Should go great with my new 73" Mitsu DLP tv.

...yes, kinda bragging - sorry! Just a little excited and felt I should pass the deal on. Cheers!

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Those Polk Monitors have been on close-out at Newegg for several months now and have been recommended a lot around here for those looking for speakers under $500 a set. That's a lot of speaker for $400 .

Other great deals from the past include refurbished Polk LSi7's (in Ebony-$799) for $199 a pair at Fry's about 5 years ago.

Also at Frys: Infinity Primus 362's ($699) for $99 each 2-3 years ago and Polk R50's ($569) for $59 each 4-5 years ago.

I also picked up a pair of Polk RTi8's ($699) for $280 a pair from ElectronicsExpo.com maybe 4-5 years ago (?).

Great deals can be had if you're patient...and lucky.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I guess so! So...once I get these bad boys in house and hooked up - should I run some tones through them to break them in? Or just let regular use do that?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
For those who feel speaker break-in is an issue they usually just let regular use do it. Set your receiver to "5 Channel Stereo", or it's equivilent, and let it run while you're at work etc. But there are others who feel breaking in speakers is much-ado-about-nothing and just enjoy them right from the start.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What do you mean by "Pro"? No offense, but the Monitor line is nowhere near Polk's top line. You did get good pricing on the Newegg sale though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks