What's new

Howard The Duck UK R2 Feb 18th (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Scenes cut from the original include Howard with a condom and Jeffrey Jones' "alien tongue" in a cigarette lighter.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well that takes care of regions 2 & 4. Now how about 1??? I'd love to own this one! This was one of the first movies I'd ever seen in the theater as a child so it has some nostalgic value to me.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

What do you mean when you say these scenes were "cut from the original." Were they included in the film's original theatrical release? If so, from which release(s) have they been omitted? Were they included in any home video release? Were they included on the aforementioned German DVD release?

Thanks.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
My understanding is that they were removed for the original home video release. I vaguely remember the condom scene in the original theatrical release. The German release was advertised as "Uncut!"

Interesting that the German and UK PAL versions show running times of 106 minutes, and the Aussie PAL release as provided in the link is 111 minutes. The theatrical run time was 110 minutes, so a 106 minute running time is correct for a PAL release.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

These were always in the U.S. video releases. I'm pretty sure this "uncut" line only applies to the international versions, where those scenes were cut. I've never seen them edited out of any U.S. theatrical or video release.

BTW the German DVD is still in print, I ordered it just a few months ago and it's still up on Amazon.de. Phenomenal transfer and a few extras (trailers, one longer promotional featurette), but the English soundtrack was inexplicably in mono. Hopefully that will be corrected in this new UK DVD.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I had a VHS copy with both the scenes in it, though I have no idea where it went over the years.

incie84

Auditioning
Real Name
Shaun Ince
This is a very late post, My fianceé got me howard for christmas and i was very dissapointed as i noted 4 scenes cut from the movie, The 1st being right at the start with Howard looking at a model wearing lingerie in a Playduck magazine, this i found odd to cut because a moment later we see the female duck in the bathtub groping herself, 2nd the condom scene. 3rd scene where Howard gets a job at the seedy pool was cut to only show him getting thrown into the pool by the boss and Howards revenge upon the boss. the last cut was the tongue in lighter scene. So now i gotta find an uncut version to have the full experience back:(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks