What's new

Howard The Duck On DVD?? Please (1 Viewer)

troy evans

Screenwriter
Is He still in prison? I can't look at him in any film and not think he's a pervert, sorry. I like Howard ,but, wish he wasn't in it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You don't suppose Howard will now be holding a walkie-talkie in some scenes, do you! :laugh:

Wait. No! That's Spielberg.

Maybe Howard won't shoot first. [Lovitz] Yeah. That's the ticket. [/Lovitz] :D

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I have the region 4 edition of howard the duck.. doesn't look like they did any changes to it.

Jacob

troy evans

Screenwriter
He'll be all CGI now with lightsabres!!!! "celebrate the love" will play at the end. Those changes should make it a blockbuster :D

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I was sort of hoping for the original poster where Howard's face is concealed by the "Rolling Egg" magazine he's reading. (With Lea Thompson on the cover.) That looks like the teaser poster art with webbed feet added!

The movie's reputation has been blown way out of proportion because Lucas was involved. It's cheesy fun, even though it doesn't aspire to the loony satire of the comic book. It also has one of ILM's best non-CGI monsters.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Actually, wasn't this the teaser poster? I would've preferred this for the DVD art, but hey, I'm buying it for the movie itself, so it's all good. I really can't wait to see it again after all these years.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, that the teaser one. The old Star Wars fan club actually had those for sale back in '86, along with Labyrinth posters. I wish they could have offered some of the Duckworld movie posters that were hanging in Howard's apartment in the film! "Breeders of the Lost Mallard" anyone? ;)

Lucas shot down an poster idea where Howard was flanked by Luke and Indy in silhouette.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
One of the all-time worst movies EVER. Only someone who saw it as a small child could like this film - nothing about it works at all except for Lea Thompson in her underwear. And I suppose that's reason enough to buy it for some. P.U. The fact that people desire these stinkers never ceases to amaze me, but I guess that's what makes the world go around.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Compared to what? There are far worse movies out there.

I saw and enjoyed it at the tender age of 19, thank you very much!

And if it had been produced by Samuel L. Bronkowitz instead of George Lucas, I doubt people would still be ragging on the movie 23 years later! :P

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman

I don't think it has anything to do with George Lucas - the film has the reputation it does because, IMO, it stinks to high heaven. It's completely unfunny and has the pace of glue. It does have two good performances by Lea and Jeffrey Jones, but the script is ridiculous, horribly written, and the direction is beyond amateurish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks