What's new

How to price a 53" ISF-calibrated HD RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Hi guys, I need your advice. I recently upgraded to a front projector, so I want to sell my Panasonic PT-53WX42 hi-def RPTV. It's only 14 months young & has had moderate use. It's in absolutely mint condition (I'm very anal about taking care of my home theater gear). This set was ISF-calibrated to the max by HTF's own Gregg Loewen. I don't want to ship this big guy, so it'd have to be a local pick-up. I'm in southern NJ (only 35 minutes from Philly & 1 hour from NYC). So, what's a good price to ask for this terrific set? :)

Some photos:
- Front
- Rear

Please PM or email me.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
I would also try videogon and audiogon. Since you are in a dense population enviroment-you should have better luck than I did.

Living in Kansas City, it's tough to find an HTF or AVS local member in the market....so I was forced to go the local classified route. They had no clue what ISF stood for or benefited them in any way. What did sell the set was the extended warranty and the option of extending it for another couple of years.

I sold my ISF calibrated 55 inch Mits for $1,600. The total value for RPTV, warranty and calibration was $3,300. It was about 18 months old.

Good Luck

KyleS

Screenwriter
I would think that the ISF calibration is an expense you will have to eat since most people will not know what its all about and was for your enjoyment. Check your local papers to see what units close to yours have been going for recently.

KyleS

Chriss M

Second Unit
i recently sold my 53WX52 for $1200. I think the 52 retailed for a couple hundred more than the 42 ? It was not ISF calibrated though.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Yeah, unfortunately you are probably going to have to eat that ISF cost. A non-HTF person would just look at you like you were trying to sell them clear-coat underbody for their car.

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Brajesh, too bad you were so far away. I have some friends who would be all over that deal. I just sold my 47" ISF'ed Panasonic set and had 4 friends literally fighting to get it. It wasn't a pretty sight :) So three of them are still looking for one. Hope you can find someone who appreciates the difference an ISF job makes.

Marc.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Wouldn't certain aspects of an ISF calibration be "lost" due to shipment, i.e., anything that relies on the guns not moving?

Doug

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
If I remember correctly, Gregg told me moving it may get it mis-converged, but grey-scale & other adjustments should stick.

I advertised the TV in The Philadelphia Inquirer classifieds for $1,500 & have gotten a few calls so far. No one so far has a clue what ISF is (& most plan to just watch DVDs & regular cable). When I explain ISF, HDTV quality & such, I realize what a techno geek I've become :D -- I have to keep reminding myself to explain things in lay terms.

If anyone here is interested, I'll offer the TV for $1,200 (of course, you'll have to come pick it up yourself).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.