What's new

How to play smart tv apps "sound" through my soundbar? (1 Viewer)

I have a Vizio Smart tv. I just started using the media app to play mp4 movies from my flash drive, which might I add, works great!!!

My issue is, any app I use on the tv, it plays the sound through the tv speaker. I have a Samsung soundbar connected to my tv. Is there a way to configure the tv to play the apps through my soundbar?

I figured it out myself!

It's pretty simple. Get an optical cable and plug one end in to the tv and the other end to the soundbar. Turn the sound down on the tv itself. Change the input on the soundbar to D-IN and there you go!!! The sound from the smart tv apps will play through the soundbar. It works. YIPPIE!!!

PhilJonesCRS

Auditioning
Real Name
Philip N Jones Jr
Liza's solution did not work for me. My Samsung UN46F8000 would ONLY output sound to the tinny internal speakers.

So after 4 hours searching forums and 1.5 hours on Samsung's tech support chat, after trying every cabling solution possible including ARC, here is what worked:

George M: I will provide you with the steps to reset the complete TV.George M: The TV will get back to factory defaults after the reset.George M: Go to Menu>>Support>>Self Diagnosis>>Reset. The default pin will be 0000.

So it appears that if you reset the TV to factory defaults, everything works.

Happiness!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks