What's new

How to make a Denon 2808 child proff? (1 Viewer)

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
How can I or can I make it so the kids can play their WI, or PS or just watch TV (Samsung 52" HD DLP) without turning on the AV unit? I still want to use the PS3 to watch Blu-Ray in all it's glory and sound
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You could hook up additional audio/video connection's from the PS3, Wii or SAT/Cable box straight to the tv then you're kids wouldn't have to turn on the receiver at all. But they may have to change inputs on the tv.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter

Use the various inputs on the back of the tv(component/S-video and audio inputs) to hook the units straight to the tv. The pickup on off the Harmony or similar universal remotes that allow you to setup activities and program it for each device and its corresponding inputs.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I only have wii and it's hooked up video and audio on the extra input of my tv (mitsu).

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
If the children are above the reading comprehension age, just get a Harmony remote. You can set up activities such as "Watch a DVD" or "Play Wii" and the Harmony will set up each component for that activity just by pressing a single button. Even if it gets screwed up, the easy to use help menu asks a series of questions that gets it back to normal. Using the surround sound with a Harmony is just as easy as using the TV speakers, so there is no need for "child proofing", plus wives/girlfriends like it too.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
I agree...my Harmony is so easy my father can use it and that is saying something. (sorry, dad but....Parents just don't like all that technology...programing vcr's and such)

olddog

Agent
Real Name
james
Well Thanks everyone I guess hard wiring the system so the little ruffeons 5,7,13 ,can do what they do now (turn everything off and on at the source) is out and the universal remote is in. Which one would you reccomend model to if you please.$$$$ there is a hole in Daddys ear where all the money goes
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

The best one you can afford. If you want a color screen, rechargeble, or RF, you have to go for the upper levels. I personally have an 859 B&W screen battery model that cost around $80 years ago and you would have to pry it from my dead hands to get it away from me.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Since it's for the kids I'd recommend the 670. The buttons are larger and there's fewer of them so they are spaced farther apart. Good for little hands. Here's a link to a factory refurb on Ebay. I have no experience with this seller. New one's go for $90-130. Harmany 670

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks