What's new

How to identify SACD's? (1 Viewer)

Jack Dotson

Agent
I'n my area only CC and BB sell SACD's. Both have a section where the SACD's are stocked separate from the standard CD's and of course carry a higher price tag.

However, if I've been reading some of these post correctly, there are some SACD's out there that are being sold at near the same price as standard CD's, but apparently are not readily identifiable?

The one's I've heard of are some Rolling Stones, the new Pink Floyd DSOTM, and the Police.

Is there a way I can tell these copies from the normal copies (especially interested in the new Pink Floyd)?

Also, are there any others out there that I haven't mentioned and is there a source to find these type of CD's?

Thanks.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
The Pink Floyd SACD has a dark blue background with the pyramid prizm as opposed to the older black background. The copy I bought also had a round sticker showing it was a SACD. The SACD Rolling stones are in the cardboard digipacks. I believe the Police are labeled as SACD's.

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
I purchased both the Police and DSOTM at BestBuy. The Police has a HYBRID SACD sticker on the cover, like other SACDs often (always?) do. DSOTM had a different sticker on it that said it was CD and SACD compatible. It also has a different cover from the previous releases. Those two are pretty easy to tell. Both these discs were kept with other CDs and not in the HiRez section.

I don't beleive the Stone's discs are labeled at all on the outside, but I could be wrong. I haven't purchased any so hopefully someone else can advise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks