What's new

How to ID a DVD -- ASIN # ? (1 Viewer)

MaryS

Grip
The information below is the "Technical Information" (from the AMAZON website) on the newly released 'Raising Arizona' DVD.

I preordered the DVD and I received it before the release date of 8/20/2002 (obviously I didn't order from AMAZON). Is there a way to tell if the DVD I received is the current release? I assume that the "ASIN: 6305499128" is a unique identifier for the DVD -- but I don't see anything like that on the box. Where do you find the ASIN for a DVD?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Release Information:
Studio: Twentieth Century Fox
Theatrical Release Date: March 13, 1987
DVD Release Date: August 20, 2002
Run Time: 94 minutes
Production Company: 20th Century Fox
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s): Widescreen letterbox - 1.85:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Layers: Single
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround), English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround)
Available subtitles: English, Spanish

Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Dolby, Widescreen
• Theatrical trailer(s), TV spot(s)
• Widescreen letterbox format
• ASIN: 6305499128

John Stone

Supporting Actor
There is only one Region 1 release of 'Raising Arizona', and it's been out since at least the summer of 1999. Amazon often changes the stated release date to reflect a price change. In this case, a new price probably went into effect on 8/20/2002.

I have held off on purchasing the current non-anamorphic, bare-bones 'Raising Arizona' in the hopes that an SE will be released at some point. There's been some rumors, but still no official announcement (AFAIK).

Joe Isham

Stunt Coordinator
I assume that the "ASIN: 6305499128" is a unique identifier for the DVD -- but I don't see anything like that on the box. Where do you find the ASIN for a DVD?
The ASIN is Amazon's private SKU number. The UPC barcode is a better way to keep track of individual products, but Amazon doesn't put that on their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks