What's new

How to get rid of a "broken" Xbox? (1 Viewer)

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I was recently gathering up my Xbox and all its related accessories to trade in at EB Games. After deleting my music and save files from the hard drive, the system suddenly crashed and gave me the "your system requires serivce" screen (and the power ring flashed orange and red, too). My Xbox has operated flawlessly up until this point. I've tried turning it on again a bit later and got the same message screen.

I don't really just want to toss it in the trash because I imagine it would have some value to someone. So, how can I get rid of it? I'm not interested in charging anything for it, I just don't want to throw it away.

I also have:
1. The DVD playback kit
2. Two Microsoft S controllers (one black, one green)
3. The Monster Cable S-Video cable

Any takers?

DanHal

Stunt Coordinator
If you are the handy type, you could buy a larger hard drive for it, a mod chip, and do all sorts of cool things with it. Though I havn't looked much into the whole Xbox modding scene, there is plenty of information out there on how to do it.

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of years ago, my Xbox crashed similar to your scenario. There are multiple websites that offer hard drives for sale for the xbox. At that time, they only ran 40 bucks and the system was then as good as new. I would just replace the hard drive and then put it on Ebay. The hard drive replacement was not tough and only required a couple of smaller screwdrivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks