What's new

How to get files to play on Samsung E5400? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Weedy Weidenthak
I am trying to watch some downloaded Star Wars files (Harmy's Despecialized Edition) on my new projector. I have a Samsung E5400 which supports external hard drives, but I can not get the .mkv files transferred to a flash drive because they are too large for the fat32 format. In addition, I use an iMac, so I am having trouble finding a way to get the computer to share the files through my network with the player.
I do not have a Blu Ray burner, so that is not an option right now either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The easiest approach would be to have someone with a PC reformat your USB to NTFS. (Or buy an NTFS formatted thumb drive.)
You could also get a small portable HD with a USB connection. The manual says using a USB cable might not work, but if it's short I bet it would.
The bigger issue and the best general solution would be to get the Allshare working. Unfortunately, I'm not al Allshare or iMac guy, so hopefully someone else will chime in on that.

Real Name
Weedy Weidenthak
Thanks for the advices I ended up finding a program called Tuxera for my Mac that allowed me to reformat the drive to NTFS and let me save the video in the flash drive. Star Wars looks great on the projector!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks