What's new

How to dispose of an old AV receiver? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, my receiver crapped out after seven years of service and my new upgrade will be here tomorrow.

I don't feel right about just putting it in the trash and I know that I probably can't sell it so how is it recommended that I dispose of this thing?

I've looked online and somewhat on here with no firm answers. Any ideas or tips?

Thanks!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Best Buy has a recycle program available for this kind of thing. You could also try Craig's List in the "Free" section to see if someone wants it to fix or for parts.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I checked out Bestbuy's recycling program and it looks like I'll be doing that. I'm not a big fan of Craig's List, to many weirdos.:D

genedjr

Agent
Real Name
gene dowen
Look at local shops. They will quote you a fix and a buy-out. That may be a better choice.
...gene

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Your local waste management or sanation system should have an electronics collection center where you drop off your old, non functional electronics. Many now provide this service one or two days each week free of charge.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Update: I went the Bestbuy route. The entire process was quick and simple taking less then 5 minutes. It also allowed me to get that extra HDMI cable and pick up another Blu-Ray to run on my new gear.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks