1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

how to defeat park only viewing on screens ??

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by DanielH, Feb 23, 2004.

1. DanielH

DanielH Member

Is there a way to defeat the feature which makes you have the car in park to view a movie on an in-dash screen ? Mainly I am asking about aftermarket screens such as the kenwood kvt715 dvd, thanks..

2. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member

I'm not certain, but I recall talking to an installer a couple years back. I think there is a wire (most mfg's use green I believe) that connects to the emergency brake lever sensor. The screen will only come on when the brake is engaged. From what I have read, if you connect this wire to any ground wire or ground point it will do the trick.

3. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Well-Known Member

Make sure it is a negative (ground) trip. I have seen some that have a positive trip. If you look in the instruction manual next to the description of the brake pedal connection it shoud say - or +. Chances are it will be a negative trip, so just ground it.
    Shawn

4. DanielH

DanielH Member

Does anyone know if grounding the parking brake wire would create any problems with adding a navigation system ie: would the system think you are in park and not moving ?

5. DanielH

DanielH Member

Does anyone know if the kenwood 715dvd is a + or - can't get the screen to work

6. Tim Dogg

Tim Dogg Active Member

All Kenwoods use Negative trip ground for the parking brake.Hope this helps