What's new

How to beat Apple (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by RobertR

I don't think the Gartner prediction about Windows Phone has any bearing on the Android prediction.
The quality of Gartner's analyses has everything to do with Gartner's predictions of Android's future.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF

The quality of Gartner's analyses has everything to do with Gartner's predictions of Android's future.

When I Googled "Android market share", I didn't see anything that contradicted the idea that Android's market share has increased dramatically, or that it will continue to increase, so it's not just Gartner predicting increased market share for Android.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Predicting share increase is not insightful tech journalism. But it can't increase forever, given the hard cap near 100%. So the questions become: where and how will it level off or peak; where does it go from there; and what would you do differently based on that information?

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
But what Amazon/Google do is what most people will be after allow them to redownload the music you buy there, anytime.
This is now avail on itunes/app store, etc.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ken Chan said:
Predicting share increase is not insightful tech journalism. But it can't increase forever, given the hard cap near 100%. So the questions become: where and how will it level off or peak; where does it go from there; and what would you do differently based on that information?
Percent share may be capped but absolute market size isn't: it can grow.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
There are other caps: population, surface area of the earth, atoms in the universe :) But right now all the buzz is about the growth in the share, or lack thereof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks