What's new

How much power do I need to drive an Adire Audio Sadhara 12"? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I think this is the driver I would like to go with. But how much power do I need for it? It says its peak is 1000 watts. But Im guessing I dont need near that much. I have a 250 SQ FT room. I dont mind building a big box, but I want it to be fairly musical. So is like a 250 watt plate amp fine? Or do I need bigger?

This is the amp I was looking at...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=300-793

Well thanks for the help. I think cost to performance a DIY is the way I want to go. Worst case I could sell it. :D

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
It will really depend on the size of your enclosure and the enclosure type you use. In a large sealed box you may only need 150 watts, but in a small ported one, you may need 500 or more.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Lets see so far in three different threads we've covered

March 15th 11AM 12" Infinity Perfect

March 15th 5PM DVQ

Today 7:30AM Shiva or a Tempest

Today 9:30AM Maelstrom

Today 6PM Sadhara

I can't wait for tomorrows choices..... :laugh:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Hmmm ... I suspect:

1) Some subwoofer driver from Parts Express - or,

2) One of the Blueprint drivers.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

Thomas, you crack me up. :D :D

Yousaf

Second Unit
Although I suppose it's just as much an issue of what's available as what could be done, Brian Bunge throws 380 wattsat it. Soon enough I'll get to see if that's enough ;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Carl,

Yep, I'm using the FX10, Sadhara 12, and Tumult in my subs! :)

Yousaf, the enclosure is veneered. I'll be preping the veneer tomorrow and should be dying the enclosure towards the end of the week. BTW, I threw (not literally) the Sadhara 12" up on our shipping scale. It seems to weigh in at 40lbs.!:)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
As Jerry mentioned, the amp size will be determined by the enclosure size. The larger the enclosure the less power you'll need to take it to full exursion.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
The AV12 is a competent driver. My box is still under construction (my biggest speaker construction project to date) and I still need to buy a few more parts, but when hooked up to the $300 Parts Express 500w amplifier and fed with some crazy bass test material, I managed to bottom it out without clipping the amplifier. With regular music, though, it doesn't seem like the driver gets that much excursion without clipping the amp on the bass peaks. No subsonic filter, Woo!

Yousaf

Second Unit
Brian:
Go ahead and throw it...it seems like it can stand up to some abuse :) Massive driver! I'm really looking forward to the sub!

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
yeah, it was in free air. It probably wouldn't bottom out in the box I am building for it. It was cool, though. The motor structure was making all kinds of ozone that you could smell for a long time afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks