What's new

How much $ do you spend on jeans? (1 Viewer)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Most I spent was $50 at Gap when boot cut first started becoming popular. Now I buy the same style at Old Navy for $20-$35.

My friend told me she spent $150 on a pair of jeans she was wearing. First I frekaed out but open closer inspection :b I noticed they really made her look good. She said she never had jeans that looked this good on her, you get what you pay for imo. It's pretty easy to tell between designer jeans vs. Walmart if you check out the material and how well they fit.

John Watson

Screenwriter
A pair of Levis 550s cost me about $50 Cdn on sale at Sears a couple of days ago. I was also going to get a pair of 501s? (I think, different denim and color) as well, but at the check out found the big signs about 40% off didn't apply to that line, so left 'em behind.

I remember working unloading box cars one summer at Sears, in the late 1960's and we learned that the wholesale price Sears paid was about $3 a pair, and Sears was charging about $15 or so bucks in the store. A lesson in the gouging that is retail... :)

(edited for spelling)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I used to go with the Old Navy/Eddie Baeur type Jeans but they would never last. The best Jeans I've had were the Lucky Brand but they cost in the $50-$60 range.

Right now I'm trying out a Kohl's brand and they are working out good. They list for $60 but I've always been able to buy them in the $30 range.

I certainly wouldn't go below that.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
My faves are Levis 501, but I'm now buying around $20-35 a pair Levi red tabs. Working in the yard or around the farm can be pretty tough on pants, especially barbed wire.

I bought a pair of Wranglers that lasted all of one day before I shredded them. Good thing they were only $20.

I am not out to make a fashion statement. :)

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Anywhere between $40-$100 at GAP, Banana Republic and J.Crew. I used to buy Levis, but they always fell apart after about a year - ripping in the crotch and back pockets. I've never had the same problem with jeans from the stores above. I find that they're also a much more comfortable fit.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
heck, if most of us knew what this stuff actually cost, i think we'd all freak out.

i remember working at a place where they were selling souveneir tv shirts for a *very* popular tv show. they were asking about 30 bucks. guess what the cost was? a whoppin 1.75 dollars. :eek:

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
suprisingly, i've found that Costco's Kirkland brand jeans to be well made and good quality denim, for around $12.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They're probably manufactured by one of the major brands (Levi, Wranger, etc.) and just affixed with a Kirkland label.

Most in-house brands are manufactured by major brands, just packaged specially for that retailer.

I usually spend $20-$25 at Kmart. Spending over $50 for any piece of non-formal clothing is ridiculous, IMO.

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I love Levi's Silvertab Baggy's, from JC Penney.
Skate Jeans: Droors, Alien, Shortys.
I would do anything to find Grind Jeans again (rave). They were the best, and the only store that had them anywhere within 5 hours of here closed. If anyone ever sees them, please let me know!

JamesCB

Second Unit
Very few people realize that Levi's are guaranteed for life. It's on the label. I've taken them up on their offer several times. One pair I had for about a year, and they developed a hole at the corners of both back pockets. You have to return the old pair and they will send a brand new pair. Oops, now the secret is out.:) ;) :D

Tony_Woods

Stunt Coordinator
^gag^ at above jeans, but to each his own. Personally my favorites lately have been Levi's 529/527 low rise straight/boot cut. They usually run anywhere between 35-55 depending on the sale.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've been a Levi's man all my life. Currently buying 540 "Relaxed Fit" (code for jeans for overweight guys :b ). Levi's are in the classic category - they'll be around long after various "designer" labels are dead & buried (anybody remember Jordache??).

I've never had a problem with my Levi's falling apart. Mine last for years.

Jim_F

Screenwriter

Whatever they're charging for Lee jeans. They fit well enough, wear well enough, and I don't have to worry about damaging them while doing "jeans stuff" in them.

Ralph_G

Auditioning
i've worn every thing from $20 levi's to $200 diesel. my favorite (and all i'll wear now) are the $30 old navy painters pants and mechanics pants.:)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Hmm...$50-60 for me. I wear mostly Ralph Lauren jeans, sometimes Rocawear. The carpenter pants work well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks