What's new

How many powered subs do you have RUNNING in your HT? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Most probley run just ONE seperate Powered or Passive Sub in their HT.

But then of course there are the OTHERS, who seem to need more, sometimes much more. Their reason could be many, headroom, room size, just like to run the LFE very HOT, or referance is manditory for their listening pleasure, etc.

I thought it might be interestng to see how many people are running multipul Subs in the HT-rooms.....
Along with their make if you like, driver size, alignment/s (ported sealed, PR'ed, etc), and placement. Stacked, seperated, all the same model, also if your EQ-ing them.

I'll start, we run three-12's of which 2 are Identical Sealed Subs and a "SVS-2039~Clone". All subs are Plate Amp Powered, (sealed subs use 350-watt Rythmik) and the 2039~"Clone" uses the (PE-250 no boost).
All the subs are using the SVS Original TC-Sounds driver.

A Suprex 8-band/filters parametric rack mount, handels the bass EQ-ing.

Placement of the subs are all seperate and took many days/hours to get them placed correctly and EQ'ed to taste, along with the small house curve.

Multipul subs, (not stacked) in the same room, can literly drive one nuts getting them to work together!!!!

Room size is 13.2'W x 18.6'D x 8'H with a 6.5' opening 3/4 the way down a side wall leaking to the kitchen and hall.

The bedroom HT use 1-Carver 10" self powered sub.

So what you Bassen with?????

I am sure this is very tame to what some of you have out their, so tell use all about it....

Have fun
Geoff

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Well, none. Mine are passive since I have the amps mounted separately. But to answer your question, 2 at the moment with a third (the monster) to follow! :)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Brian

Well their still powered in reality.

And your new Sub to be, sure ain't your average Sub, as many of us DIY's know whats in the works!

You going to keep all them in the same room or are you moving or selling 1 or both of the older ones?

Geoff

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Geoff,

Well, when you say "powered sub" it implies the amplification is in the box. :) I'll be keeping them for the time being, but may sell the sealed SV12's in the future. We may be moving closer to our shop (and into a smaller house) so I may have to ditch the other subs. The Tumult is staying though! :D

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Brian

Yes agreed, it dose sound like on-board amplification. I will edit my first post to correct that.

So Brian and I are the only ones with multipul subs in our HT room, come on, there are many more of you out their doing house damage....;)

Regards
Geoff

DavidFun

Agent
I actually have powered subs built into my def tech 2002TLs (2 12 in. 250 watts each) and one in the center channel (150 watt 8 in). I used to also have a m&k mx125 mkII. I sold that a week ago, and am impatiently waiting on my tumult to drop in my new diy box.

Oh Yeah, I also have a buttkicker mounted to the floor.

My home theater (family room)opens to the entire bottom floor, about 7500 cubic ft. So even with all that woofage, it doesn't drop your jaw.

I am definitely having cancellation problems that I need to try and figure out.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
After my birthday tommorow, Ill be adding a 2nd Tempest to my HT. I have a vented adire alignment. I am using the ava250 for a plateamp. It rocks the place! I love it.

My room is about 22'x14'x11'. It opens to the kitchen, the dining room, and the entrance to the house with leads to the hallway. Pretty big I say. ;)

Still, my mighty Tempest awes me still. (but I can make it cry.) So now a 2nd is in store for me.

:) :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Currently I have a pair of Earthquake EQ-15 car subs in 3.5ft^3 boxes powered by an old Pioneer receiver. I'm building a pair of Adire Alignment Shivas to look like Aerial SW-12s and powered by PE 250w plate amps.

I just ordered a pair of Blueprint 1001s for my computer room. They will be powered by an old receiver also. I'm planning something outragous with Tumults or AV-15s for my 15x17 theater room.

All the subs are using the SVS Original TC-Sounds driver.
Actually the original driver and iSD drivers are made Destijl Engineering (formerly FRC Soundworks). They also make/made Adire Brahma's & Tumults and Blueprints.

-Robert

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
David

I can only imagine the problems with so many point sources of bass. Are the DT-12's doing large main duty/full-range or do you have the powered 12's being feed by the receivers sub out and running them small? (If that can be done with them)

Or even both, large and LFE going to them?

And the Tumult, yes indeed my friend. Now where talking BASS with some serious spl if you got the right alignment and amp for it.

Regards
Geoff

Edit:
Robert
I was under the impression that TC built them, if this is not the case, definitly my bad! :b

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
I have 2 SVS 16-46PC+s and a Rel Strata III in my home theater. I have a Sunfire True Sub MkII, connected to nothing, in my sunroom (no pun intended) that I have no use for. Replace a Sunfire with even 1 16-46PC+ and you'll know why I say that...

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Lynn

How much time did you have involved in getting placement for the subs right?

Some rooms are just plain nightmares when running multipul subs!!!

Nice selection of woofage by the way...

Regards
Geoff

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Hey Geoff,

I've got a single SVS Ultra but it's going away because I'm going to replace is with dual Stryke AV-15's when they run the preorder again.

Lynn Little

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff, I just got the second 16-46PC+ Thursday night. So far, I've tried them in two positions. Position one is with the two right next to each other, in the left front corner. Position 2 is with them in my front left and front right corners.

Position 2 requires setting the phase on the right sub at 180 degrees, the left sub at 0 degrees. Position 1 requires setting the phase on the both subs at 0 degrees.

I'll have the house to myself tomorrow. I plan to do a bit of experimenting with positioning then. I have a feeling I might go back to position one...

A

Anthony_Gomez

Used to have dual SV-10s (sealed) stereo, then a dual BPD1503 (sealed) in a single enclosure, then dual HE12's (sealed) in a stereo/mono, and I will soon have a tumult w/18PR's

..but right now, I am subless :frowning:

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've got a single SVS Ultra but it's going away because I'm going to replace is with dual Stryke AV-15's when they run the preorder again.
From what I've read the pre-order is going on right now. You might want to e-mail John for the end date.

-Robert

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Anthony

Man after all that woofen to be subless, ouch!

The T design you got planned is the same thing I am looking at for next winter but two of them. Don't know what your looking at for tuning but mine will be pretty deep.
I have 2 SAE 1200-watt Mono blocks just setting waiting for something to do.;)

If it all comes to fruition, it should be all I'll need for a long long time!
Good luck can't wait to see your finished product and hear about it's performance....

Cheers
Geoff

A

Anthony_Gomez

Subless sucks :frowning:

My sealed EGO's put out little bass...but soon (after this weekend), the USHER's will be up and running and will sufice in the bass end until the sub is up (2-3 weeks).

the K2 is lonely :frowning:

Destijl also does RESPL.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Hey Frank

Good to here from you bud...

So what have you got up your sleve for an alignment for those AV-15's when they finally get the new batch in?

And when dose the Ultra go up for sale?

Regards
Geoff

DavidFun

Agent
Geoff,

My deftech 12's can be run anyway I want. Lately I have been running them as full range mains with the LFE handled my the M&K and buttkicker. Theoretically I could run the small and run the sub section lfe along with the M&K and buttkicker as a 4 way split. I don't think that would be a good way to go. I like them as full range mains for music, without the m&k. That may change with the tumult.

I am actually sealing the tumult in 2.75 ft3 with an LT and 1600 watts. When I get that up and running, I will do some major tinkering with placement and different arrangements with the deftechs. It may end up that I run them small, and not really utilize their subs. I have a denon receiver that does not have a variable crossover, it is set at 80 HZ.

What do you all think might be the best way to arrange things.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks