What's new

How many ports do you block on your SVS? (2 Viewers)

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
I've been experimenting since sunday and I've found that the best setup for my PB12-nsd/V is one port blocked (with the 16hz tune), my onkyo set to 100hz for LFE and gain turned up about 1/8th.

Rogo

Jacob C

Second Unit

41.2hz actually
on a 5 string the low B is about 30.9hz
the lowest A on the piano is 27.5hz

I figure a "flat" response to 25hz is plenty for music unless, of course, you listen to pipe organs.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's generally considered to have the gain closer to 1/2, with thhe output level from the receiver lower. The reason is, if the gain on the sub is that low, the signal coming out of the receiver is extremely low, and more susceptible to degradation, among other things.

Also, typically the lowest tone on a large pipe organ is 16 Hz. Still, it depends on what music you are listening to. With anything electronic, the sky (or floor) is the limit. If you listen to classical, the bass drum may go even lower.

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
John

I have all of my speaker output levels set to 0. I've lost my Digital Essentials disk so I can only calibrate using the built in tones.

Rogo

Rogozhin

Stunt Coordinator
After watching many movies and listening to my old music disks I now block one port with the 16hz tune, it seems to be the best compromise for my room.

Rogo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks