What's new

How Many of You Don't go to Commercial Theaters Anymore? (1 Viewer)

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
I guess I go to about 6-7 movies a year, and I go
when I know that the theater will be close to empty.
I see a film when it's been out a while and also
on a Monday or Tuesday late afternoon so I won't
have to worry about rude or clueless people. I do
most of my movie viewing at home. I have about 320
DVDs and a Netflix subscription and that keeps me
entertained.:)

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
The best time to see a movie is the earliest show, no doubt about it. I'm not even going to risk the seven o'clock shows anymore
I agree 100%. Despite it's short-comings such as talking, loudness, and what-not, the theater could be a wonderful place. I still see the BIG films if the opportunity affords suchs as James Bond, LOTR, Star Wars, etc, but if I miss the first week, I'll just buy it later. I did see X2 and this one guy in front of me was talking and went out at least five times. These people are unbelievably stupid to waste $8 like that. The shows I do see in the theater are now the matinee.

The theater groups (or whomever) own the theaters should realize what is happening and A)update the bad theaters or build new ones B) put more stict viewing guidelines in place. I hate to say put a monitor in the theaters but for Pete's sake, how else do you consistently stop the trash?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The best time to see a movie is the earliest show, no doubt about it.
Same for me. For Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, Hulk, Hollywood Homicide, and Finding Nemo, I saw them all on opening day at the earliest showing, and pretty much no problems. Opening day.

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
I've been to the movies more than usual this year and most of the time the experience was decent or tolerable, expect for the Hulk. I've never had a worse movie going experience in my life! Kids crying , people talking, blah, blah... all at the 10:00 p.m. show.
Still amazes me to this day that the best audiences are at the kids movies. I've seen Rugrats and Nemo this year with my six year old and during each movie I only heard one or two words whispered.
As a side note, I saw Nemo at a Showcase cinema in DLP projection. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: AWSOME!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks