What's new

How many of you are finished collecting ALL the TV show DVDs you plan on owning? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I'm not quite finished, but I can almost see the finish line...I still need the rest of Leave it to Beaver, Mary Tyler Moore Show, I Dream of Jeannie, The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple, Green Acres and Seinfeld. If ever Batman (the TV series) gets released, I'd also want that. However, outside of all the shows I just mentioned, I won't be buying anymore sets...I'll be through...That's not to say a rental company like Netflix or Blockbuster won't get my money, but my days of buying DVDs will finally have come to an end. How many of you have already finished buying every TV show on DVD you're planning to get, or are close to finishing your collection?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I can Never say I'll be done. I will have all the DVD Box Sets I will be buying for the rest of the year as of 12/26, and I only Plan to buy ONE Box Set in January (Walker, Texas Ranger-Season 2) But as the year goes by I will be buying more sets. Among the releases I'm looking forward to in 2007 are Hawaii Five-O, Emergency! Season 3, Baywatch Season 3 and Wild Wild West Season 2. The bug unknown will be when a Set hits the Bargain Bins. A set that retails for $49.99 one week will suddenly wind up on a Store's $19.99 Bargain Bin the next. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Since I plan on buying all the Simpons sets, it'll be a while before I can answer "yes" to that question (not to mention other shows that won't be completed for a while, i.e. All in the Family with the 1 release a year schedule they're on).

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think I will, even if I say I'll stop, I never manage to. There are a few like Happy Days (probably after they graduate high school in season 4) and Melrose Place (probably after season 5 when 75% of the cast departs) that I say I'll stop but I bet when the opportunity arises, I'll get it.

I already showed how weak I am with Moonlighting. When season 3 came out, I said "ok, I am done", then budged for season 4, and then said "I'm done for good", then season 5 was announced and I already know I'll be adding it to my collection

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
i'll never be finished eithier i plan on adding every single season of dallas
and many other programs

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
Everytime I think I'm nearing "the end" the studios announce some previously unreleased show that I'd never even considered, and I'm at it again. This is especially the case with shows that you can no longer see on TV. This was the case for me with the recently released Mission Impossible. Now that I've got Season 1, I'm hooked, and will continue to collect if further Seasons are released.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I with the never ending crowd. Since I love old and new shows there will always be something I want to buy. Plus I am more then willing to blind buy a TV Show I never seen before. It is a gamble... but I have fun doing it.

My latest Blind Buy was Dracula: The Series... I got so into it that I watched every episode (21) in only 2 days! :P

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Nowhere near finished. Many of the shows I want are not yet fully released, and some I want have only just come out, whereas others haven't yet. And while it may take 40 years, eventually they'll release correct versions (i.e., no music replacement, wrong aspect ratio or syndicated cuts) of shows like WKRP, Kung Fu, Wiseguy, The Cosby Show, etc.

Chris Roberts

Stunt Coordinator
I'm 95% done with older shows. Heroes and BSG are the only current shows I'm buying into. But there's always new shows coming out so I'll never be completey finished.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
With the combination of old shows I'm still waiting on (Maverick, Batman, et al) and new favorites (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, My Name is Earl, et al) this is a never-ending process. And there are many series that I only have a season or two of that I eventually intend to complete.

If they start releasing all of this stuff on HD-DVD, though, then I'll probably be able to make the statement that I'm done purchasing TV shows on DVD. (I'm actually dreading the day Star Trek: TOS is announced for HD-DVD/Blu-ray with the new CGI effects work. I know I'll be purchasing the series for the *fourth* time! *sigh*)

StacyV

Second Unit
Finished??? I haven't even started collecting everything I plan on owning, considering I'm still waiting for shows like Welcome Back Kotter, One Day At A Time, Dangerous Minds, Flipper and about 200 other shows to even have a season set released, let alone more A Different World, Fame, Diff'rent Strokes, etc. I won't live long enough to be finished.

Venice-H

Agent
Of the shows that have been released or officially announced for release, I think I'm about done. The only ones I'm interested in that I don't have is Seinfield-4 and the Warner Bros. Cartoon Collections (technically not TV, but that's how I got to know them, so humor me), and those can wait.

However, unless 90210 gets released on a suicide schedule, it figures to be AT LEAST 5 years before all the seasons get released - and I do want them all, even the weaker ones near the end. By then, video playing technology may change and I might have to replace everything. I hope not.

And, of course, there are those shows that haven't been announced yet that I want ("Coming March 32nd! Parker Lewis Can't Lose - The Complete 1st Season!").

So I'm either near done, or nowhere near done, depending on how you look at things.

jacktripper1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jacob
I can probably say I'll never be finished. UNtil they release all of them and then stop. I have over 60 tv shows that I plan on collecting and each one averaging about 6 seasons. The haven't released the most of them though.

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
The only series I'm still waiting for is Man from U.N.C.L.E., but I may be tempted by other releases as they become available.

When HD drives DVD off the market, that will mark the real end for me. I don't feel the need to upgrade my collection. I have little interest in any movies or TV of recent vintage, and I see more and more advertising creeping into home video at every turn. DVD's Golden Age may well be over. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks