What's new

How many Jake & The Fatman Fans out there? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I just picked up Jake S1 Vol2 and am eagerly waiting to see if /when they release season 2. Hopefully in COMPLETE SEASON SETS!!
The series took off once they went to Hawaii. Lets hope we get to see these seasons on DVD!!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This has always been something i was considering getting. As i love these types of shows from the 80's. So i just ordered both volumes of season 1 together at the DVDempire Paramount sale. As i figured $40 shipped for both was a pretty good deal.

I believe if memory serves me correctly Jake and the Fatman going to hawaii only lasted for 1 season before they came back to Cali. Magnum had ended at that time and they decided to use the stuff they had setup there for J&F.

Since S2 was a short season if they continue releasing this that would no doubt be a complete season release. It would be nice if S3-S5 would be complete aswell, but most likely with Paramount chances are not so good.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter

Yeah i was pretty sure Season 2 was short...

Another interesting tidbit is I believe Magnum used equipment/set pieces leftover from Hawaii Five-0. So then Jake and the Fatman did the same when Magnum ended for the Hawaii season. So if your a fan of all three shows as i am. You have a nice little link of history going on between them.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It seems my memory was not so good. The 2nd, 3rd and half of season 4 were done in Hawaii, before the show moved back to LA for the rest of it's run.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Season two announced today for a May 5th release!! Woo hoo!! Two seasons down, three to go! Too bad that season two is only 11 episodes. At least we'll finally see some of the Hawaii eps

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Great News!! ... I enjoyed that first season so much. So May 5th, well the Mary Tyler Moore set is rumored for this date aswell. Jake & the Fatman will be taking priority for me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks