What's new

How many HD Discs do you currently own? (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Danny...

244?

Do you just buy every HD-DVD released? I'm wondering does HD-DVD even have 244 title released as of this date?

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand

FYI:

Don't know how accurate this is, but back on June 20, 2007 @ the "DVD Profiler forum", a member named RHo, looked up a total of 1264 HD profiles (HD DVD and Blu-ray) that have been submitted to the profiler database from its members around the world:eek: from all localities.
This included many of the same films that were released by various distributors throughout the world.

Another member, dirk_steitz, looked up just the HD DVD formats U.S. releases and reported 180 profiles that have been entered via their unique UPC #’s.:cool:

Paul

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Currently, DVDEmpire lists 244 HD DVD's available (not in preorder status) and they are usally short 20 or 30 titles.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I've got 9. Yep. 9. :)

I LOVE HD DVD and there are more titles out there that I want to get, but I'm not going to replace my whole library. There are plenty of excellent releases on the horizon that I cannot wait to savor (Hot Fuzz and TMNT are my two most anticipated), but I've invested far too much money to replace everything I've collected on the new format.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
With my recent package from Amazon I'm up to 256 HD DVDs now.

I don't have most of the music titles but I do have a lot of the imports so there are a lot more than 244 unique titles out there.

Paul, are you confusing me with another Danny?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

I may be. I had sold some of my HD DVDs to a Dan that works at DKNY in NY. I though you were him. Sorry.

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
This is obviously a VERY small sampling, but based on this thread, it seems that people on this site own more HD DVD than BluRay. This obviously doesn't mean anything, just an observation.

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Prepare yourself....

Blu-Ray: 2

Back in the early days of DVD, with the mega-online coupons, I used to buy everything. Nowadays I find that I don't re-watch anywhere near as often as I'd like, so I rent most DVDs and Blu-Rays though Netflix.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez

Blu-Ray:
Million Dollar Baby
Unforgiven
Apocalypto
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Flags of our Fathers
Letters from Iwo Jima
Bridge To Terabithia
Into The Blue
King Arthur
Memento

HD-DVD:
King Kong
Heroes Season One

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I have around 70 Blu-ray titles. And 1 HD DVD (no player, though).

Maybe 5 (BD) on pre-order.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Well, I thought I would have the fewest but there a few with fewer than me (hmmm say that three times fast).

5 HD
2 BR

I too am renting these more from NetFlix and have stopped buying movies for the most part but I am still buying TV shows and theatrical shorts.

bigluigi

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Primeau
I have 1 HD-DVD title...Forbidden Planet.:frowning: But, I should double my collection shortly as I just might spring for "Streets of Fire."
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks