What's new

How long will the Beauty and the Beast Imax be playing? (1 Viewer)

Brett Cameron

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know how much longer the Beauty and The Beast Imax edition will remain in Imax theaters?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
the scene that was inserted is awesome

very funny.

hadn't seen the movie in a while and it was well worth admission. i'd recommend it to anyone. if you have the time get to the nearest imax

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
Between April and May. If your local IMAX is playing nothing but Beauty and the Beast for 100% of their showtimes, it's last day will be April 30. If they're sneaking in other movies into the mix as time goes (as mine is) they will be holding it until mid-May.
Call your local IMAX to find out what's going on. A word to the wise: Beauty and the Beast has been doing less business during the week than Fantasia 2000 did since it has a younger audience, and the kids are in school during the week. If you want to avoid any crowds, go on a weekday and you'll have your choice of seats!

Sam Graves

Stunt Coordinator
I called the closest IMAX theater playing Beauty and the Beast , which was Memphis, Tennessee. They told me it would play through May. My girlfriend and I attended a 1:00 Wednesday showing a few weeks ago and were the only ones in the theater.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you haven't seen it yet, it's well worth the effort to get there. I went to Atlanta this weekend to see it and was just floored by how good it looked on the IMAX. I saw Fantasia 2 in Baltimore and though it was great, but BATB was far beyond.

The opening scene with the stained glass window and the Ballroom scene were just spectacular. It never looked anywhere near this good on the regular screen. It wasn't widescreen, but I know it wasn't real wide to start with

so the bits I missed were probably negligible.

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Is it playing in London? Both Imax in Berlin did not run Fantasia but it did come to London and I went over for a weekend and saw it there.

kd

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wish we had an IMAX theater showing it locally. I had to head up to Virginia to see it - and that theater was a dome ( I much prefer flat IMAX ).

At least next year The Lion King is to come here. I have a feeling I'll be travelling to see Treasure Planet though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
At our IMAX, B&TB is sold out all night 3 days out of the week, and is usually sold out all weekend. Going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks