What's new

How I Won the War - release date? (1 Viewer)

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I think Clinton was still president when I pre-ordered this one from buy.com. Seems like I've been waiting forever. It had a street date of 04/10/01, but that obviously wasn't to be. For a while, I figured that maybe it was actually out, and buy.com was simply getting sucky. But I checked several other online stores recently, and apparently it's not out yet. They're not even showing a street date! Anyone know what gives? I'm hoping to get this from buy.com before they go extinct...
Thanks...
JiM T

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
I'm anxious for this one too. So much so I bought a VHS copy to tide me over (which made me realise DVDs have spoiled me for life).
I had a pre-order with someone (Amazon?) and received one of those generic "The item(s) listed below from order # are out of stock with our suppliers blah, blah, blah..."
You'd think with the great interest now in all things Beatle they'd get it together.
LARUE

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...could swear I picked up a copy and examined at TOWER-intending to buy later, came back and was gone...CDNOW list this as released, but backordered...
------------------

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
Now it appears this title has been cancelled (on DVD). Although Amazon has the upcoming release date as 2010! Anyone got more info?
LARUE
TNT will be airing "How I Won the War" Oct.9th to tie in with a Lennon tribute.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
Wish I knew something more about this, but I don't. IIRC, buy.com cancelled my order a while ago, since nothing seemed to be happening.
I also just have to say that it's kinda weird to see one of your old threads resurrected out of the blue at 3:45 AM! :) Too bad it wasn't better news...
JiM T

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Darn, I love this movie. I hope it comes to DVD sometime!
"Bloody sand! When will it ever end!?"

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of all things Beatles, Wonderwall has been released by Rhino. Actualy a pretty good movie (flashback??)
No word on the Family Way (McCartney) or the Magic Christian (Ringo) which I managed to find on LD.
------------------
Why?
Why do you keep hounding me and harassing me and hounding me?
It's not like I don't have anything better to do, you know.
It's not like the Phantom Cruiser is going to wax itself.
It's not like last night's burrito stain will just up and remove itself from my cape.
I am a superhero!
A very very busy superhero! Who does...things!
Now get out of here before I tell your mother.
AND DON'T TRAMPLE MY BEGONIAS!
-Space Ghost..

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
It has been over a year, is there any news on this title? This year we got AHDN, THE KNACK, and ROBIN & MARIAN, next year we'll get 3 & 4 MUSKETEERS.

Are there any other Richard Lester pictures that anyone would like to see?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Are there any other Richard Lester pictures that anyone would like to see?
My most wanted Richard Lester film is Petulia followed by The Bed Sitting Room. I saw Petulia many, many years ago so I don't remember much about it ,other than enjoying it, and I've never seen The Bed Sitting Room but I'm dying to see it (post-nuclear films are fun!). I'm not going to say that they'll never wind up on DVD (Hey, Fox released Modesty Blaise), but let's just say I don't expect to see them anytime soon.
I've had How I Won the War on pre-order for over a year now. Very frustrating!

LARUE

Stunt Coordinator
Hey! It's 2003!!!

With the success of the Beatles Anthology, does anyone know if HIWTW is any closer to release?

LARUE

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No word on the Family Way (McCartney) or the Magic Christian (Ringo) which I managed to find on LD.
The Family Way is due out in R2 (UK) in a double set with Accident (!?).

Terrible film IMHO, but if you are a Beatles completist it may be time to buy a multi-region player...

---

So many films, so little time...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks