1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

How I Met Your Mother - season 8 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Oh yeah. But I thought that was kind of random then, too. But again, I always figured attorneys practicing for awhile would only get that opportunity.

2. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Screenwriter

Josh Dial
    I can't speak to American examples, but here in Canada, Justice Abella (currently on the Supreme Court) was appointed to the Ontario Family Court at 29 (having only practiced for about 5 years).

Marshall graduated in 2007/8, so he's not that far behind. The situation is rare, I would wager, but not completely unheard of.

3. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

Who could possibly put up with Bob Saget. #1 on my list of most annoying people in the world. Thankfully it's just a brief voice-over we have to deal with. If he were an actual cast member, this show would have died years ago.

4. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    Chloe, I need the caterer's number now! Oh sorry, wrong show.

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Part of me thinks the last three minutes or so of the season is going to fast forward to Ted's wedding. Almost like what nuBSG did in its final moments. The "whole season" doesn't necessarily mean every minute of all 24 episodes.

6. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    The Wedding will be the framing device for all of the episodes, and incidents at the Wedding will springboard to flash backs and flash forwards. At least, that's what logic dictates. I can't imagine the Wedding will occur in almost real time like 24.

7. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Screenwriter

Josh Dial
    I think Hanson has the right of it.

8. David Weicker

David Weicker Screenwriter

David
    I also wonder when in the weekend the pivotal train station meeting occurs.David

9. Chip_HT

Chip_HT Second Unit

Chip
    The more I've been thinking about it, the more I can accept the full season wedding idea. Because, really, the core concept of the show is finally here. We're finally at the medium sized version of the story. (The short version being whatever happened with the umbrella.)

And maybe this is what they were hoping to do with the final season all along. It certainly fits with the countdown they sort of started in the finale.

We already saw the lead up to the train station meeting at the beginning of this most recent season...and it's the night after the wedding festivities.

10. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    That's already been established. It's the night of the wedding, after the reception is over. Ted has to leave for Chicago early the next morning.

11. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Producer

Yee Ming Lim
    All I can say is, I'm glad I only started watching this recently, so in effect I've amassed 8 years' worth of episodes which I watched over a few months. For those of you who've waited 8 years to get here, I feel for ya...

One whole season of a wedding weekend? Ouch. Several eps, even half a season I can see as making sense, then the rest could be spent on the courtship, but one whole season of near-misses and almost-theres? Ouch. It's almost like replaying fourth-and-goal 24 times.

12. Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell Screenwriter

Greg K.
  13. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Producer

Thanks for the link, Greg. A funny trailer and some interesting information on how the wedding will be the framing device for season 9.

Personally, given how creative the writers have been in the past at setting up their story lines I have absolutely no qualms about how the final season will play out, and given the information in the above link - it might be the most creative season of the series' history. Looking forward to the new season on 09/23/13.

- Walter.

14. mattCR

mattCR Executive Producer
    HW Reviewer

Matt
    It is, but I hope it never appears in any show or episode; it's way too snarky and insider for the show, and if they did anything like that as part of an episode, it would completely break the concept. But as a ComicCon moment, pretty funny ;)

15. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

They shot the kids on the couch periodically for season one, but when they got to season two they saw how they kids were growing up and decided to shoot all of the couch footage for the rest of the series then. That's why the kids interacted with Future Ted a lot more in the first season than the rest of the series, and why they reused reaction shots of the kids from the pilot for the smoking episode. As part of that season two b-roll shoot, they shot the final scene of the show, with the kids reacting to how Ted met their mother. The only people who know the ending are Carter Bays, Craig Thomas, Lyndsy Fonseca, David Henrie and the smaller-than-usual crew on set at the time.That being said, it was great that they got Fonseca and Henrie back for that gag video, which was absolutely hilarious.

16. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
  17. Stan

Stan Premium
    Supporter

I think they dragged this one on a little to long. Should have bowed out gracefully a year or two ago.

I may catch a few episodes this next season, but getting kind of burned out on it, honestly don't care how it ends.

18. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Screenwriter

Josh Dial
    Literally all but one of your posts in this thread have said the exact same thing :)

19. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

20. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Some other fun shots from the article:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]