What's new

How I Met Your Mother - season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good ending...but I've seen this yellow umbrella several times before. I'll believe they're going somewhere then they get there.

The big-bet box made me ambivalent; funny but also desperately rewriting the characters for humor.

And Barney --- reminds me of Sue on Glee, becoming more sociopathic for the sake of humor. Lily and Marshall love him irrationally. But would they tolerate him ransacking their home?

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I missed it at the time, but you're right.
http://ca.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/conan_obrien_on_how_i_met_your_mother/295727
Last scene, dark leather jacket talking to some girl by the door.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Another solid episode tonight that moved the ball forward. I liked Becki Newton on "Ugly Betty", and I really like her here. She's probably my favorite love interest the show's come up with for Barney so far. She's a challenge, and there's no bullshit there.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I really enjoyed "Broath," mainly because I think Barney and Quinn are a good match and they totally had me fooled too.

Nice, genuine moments with Ted and Robin too.

Loved the Marshall, Lily and Ted teen dopplegangers.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I liked the episode as well--really this entire season has been stellar. However, what's the point of showing a single episode after a long break, and then jumping right into another long break? Silly.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode should win an editing Emmy.
Now we know Ted's daughter is 15 when the kids are listening to his endless story in 2030, and the son is younger. That means the Mother has to get pregnant in early 2014. Unless we have a "Knocked Up" situation where the Mother gets knocked up on the first date, they'll have to reveal the Mother by the end of next season -- first half of a theoretical season 9 at the absolute latest.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I love this show. Don't know why my friends seem to like dumping on it though. I was hoping for Robin to be his wife, but they debunked that thought last season.
Excellemt work by the nosy neighbor!! Loved the opening and closing jokes!!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Good episode. Really enjoyed it. It was like the inverse of a clip show: flashbacks but it was all made up! The best part was when my wife got it, at the final explanation, why the "Blonde-haired man" keep going out at 8pm, taking seven steps, and smiling.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Adam Lenhardt said:
Now we know Ted's daughter is 15 when the kids are listening to his endless story in 2030, and the son is younger. That means the Mother has to get pregnant in early 2014. Unless we have a "Knocked Up" situation where the Mother gets knocked up on the first date, they'll have to reveal the Mother by the end of next season -- first half of a theoretical season 9 at the absolute latest.
Didn't they say recently that they were going to end it after the 8th season? I seem to recall that a few of the actors (including Jason Segel) are out of contract after season 8 and a couple have said that they are done at that point...

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by AlexF /t/314919/how-i-met-your-mother-season-7-thread/30#post_3915225
Didn't they say recently that they were going to end it after the 8th season? I seem to recall that a few of the actors (including Jason Segel) are out of contract after season 8 and a couple have said that they are done at that point...
Last I heard there is no end in sight, and all the actors, contract or otherwise, have expressed total interest in continuing as long as possible.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My understanding is that Jason Segel definitely wants out when his contract ends at the end of next season, but Bays & Thomas are willing to let it ride as long as CBS keeps it on the air.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I've enjoyed the show for some time, but any of the romantic storylines with Robin just don't work and it's tired.
Barney's current relationship makes more sense and I hope they stick with it because at this point, there needs to be other characters (at least occasionally).
Hopefully next season will be the last - I say this in a positive way. There's only so many stories you can tell and be fresh, especially with a small cast.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The first half hour was the usual so-so for this show in later years, but the second half hour was as good as this show has ever been. It's nice to know that the creators haven't entirely forgotten the end game.
I hope they locked Ashley Williams in for next season. In addition to being the only one of Ted's loves besides Robin to have genuine chemistry with him, Victoria is the last interesting relationship he can have before the one... because she could have been the one. Glad Robin's was the one in the wedding dress, because it gives the wedding genuine stakes. If it were Nora or Quinn, we'd know the wedding day was doomed. Now it's an open question whether they go through with it or not.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I was really pretty (and pleasantly) surprised by the ending. I'm sure the haters will hate though. :)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
What if it's a double, or triple wedding? Have we seen anything that could make that unlikely/impossible?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
The first half hour was brutal. It's good to get the "having a baby" ep out of the way. They always make birth episodes special events on tv and they always have the same tired situations. Having a baby isn't funny and never will be, except for possibly Alan's ex on 2 1/2 Men having her second kid. That was pretty good. Second 1/2 hour was really funny. I'm glad I didn't have to wait a week for it. Ted's and Robin's conversations seemed to strongly suggest that the writers have decided to stop circling with Ted and will turn him into a better potential boyfriend or husband and move toward meeting the Mother. Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks